Chapter 1: The unhappy ice-cream shop

!Everything in bold is M.Fuller's description of the events!

¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤

-Dear Ollie

You were braver and smarter.

That's why you doubted when I didn't

And you died when I didn't

It was a gloomy day. The Clampitt's were at an ice-cream shop picking out their favorite flavors. Abigail passion fruit, Aiden sorbet strawberry, Thalia Stracciatella and Theon pistachio. They were sitting at a table, having an interesting conversation when suddenly they saw their parent's bank manager Mr. James Poe and a woman, they had never met enter the shop and coming towards them.

-Hello Clampitts!

- Hello Mr. Poe, Aiden said

There was awkward silence, and something was just not quite right. The banker seemed quite upset, with a sympathetic look in his eyes. Then he started once again coughing like he always does as if it is a habit of his. Meanwhile the lady next to him, was almost smiling even though she was trying really hard to hide it.

-How do you do ??, Theon asked

-Good, he simply answered and afterwards he said something that would haunt me at nights, Okay, children.... I... am sorry.... To... tell you but, your parents have perished, which means died, in a fire that destroyed your house.

This was of course a huge shock for the children. I cannot blame them. If you have lost a loved one of yours then you can imagine how the children feel. If not, you cannot possibly imagine how they feel. And believe me, you don't want to.

Tears filled Theon's eyes and Thalia couldn't get a word out of her mouth, just like in those nightmares where you want to scream but no words can escape your mouth. As for Aiden.... he was feeling himself falling off the ground. He had millions of questions, too many to be answered all at once. Abigail thought he was joking, it just seemed too impossible to her.

-W-What...is going t-to happen to u-us ?, Abigail managed to mumble

-Oh, children do not worry! MS. Avery Hyde from here is going to be your new guardian because according to your parents' will, you are going to stay with your closest relative who is of course MS. Hyde since she lives only 3 blocks away from your house !!, he said, in a tone that Abigail really disliked

-That is right my little children, we are going to stay together from now on!, she said excitedly, failing miserably to hide her fake sympathy

Aiden opened his mouth to say something but before he could Mr. Poe interrupted

-Now children, I need you to understand the situation. I'm having a hard time at the bank right now so we are going to have to expedite the process.

All of this was like a hazard that they couldn't escape from. It was so straightforward and abruptly. It didn't seem real.. Before my research I would have never thought someone could break such new to children like that.

Thalia's P.O.V

It can't be real, it isn't real it just c-can't be. I was convinced that this was just a nightmare and that I could wake up go to Aiden and mum to comfort me and tell me that I'm fine.

Was I being selfish?

Maybe

But I think I deserve to be right now

Abigail's P.O.V

The situation was melancholic and my head was spinning. Instinctively I pulled Thalia into my arms and my grip tightens on crying Theon.

Aiden was staring into space, a single tear rolling down his cheek as he just joined the sorrowful hug.

Authors P.O.V

MR. Poe started coughing once again and the children  broke out of the hug.

-I know it may be an unhappy situation but let's look at the positive side of things, shall we? But you'll have time to do that once we get you to your new house cause I can't be late at the bank!

They squeezed into the banker's car and they drove off, away from the ice cream shop.

The place where everything begun.