Ayana's Dream: 01

The cool morning breeze brushed Ayana's face, moving a few strands of hair in front of her eyes. Her brown eyes stared at her reflection in the window, harboring a sadness that wouldn’t fade.

She took a deep breath, trying to calm herself, but the emptiness remained. Disappointment and anger at life continued to haunt her, like an endless wave.

On her forehead was a small red scar, not too big, but noticeable. Every morning, Ayana carefully brushed her hair, arranging her bangs so the scar wouldn’t show.

That scar wasn’t just a physical mark—it carried painful memories she couldn’t forget. As the memory of the incident resurfaced, tears began to flow. Hatred and buried pain in her heart felt like sharp thorns that couldn’t be removed.

"Ayana! Come down and eat!" Her mother's loud voice echoed from the dining room, breaking the silence in her room.

Ayana didn’t respond immediately. Still standing in front of the mirror, she continued fixing her bangs with a blank face, her eyes empty.

The clock on the wall softly ticked, showing 7:23 AM. She exhaled once more, mustering the strength to leave the room and head toward the dining room.

In the dining room, her mother smiled faintly as she saw Ayana enter. "Good morning, Ayana," her mother greeted warmly, trying to start the day on a positive note.

Ayana glanced at her mother briefly. "Morning," she mumbled, hurrying toward the front door.

"Ayana, I made you lunch. Please take it with you," her mother requested, her voice trembling slightly, filled with hope and a hint of anxiety.

Ayana paused for a moment. She didn’t turn around but extended her hand to grab the lunchbox her mother handed her.

Not a single word was spoken. She placed the lunchbox in her bag and walked out, closing the door without looking back.

Her mother could only watch as Ayana walked away, growing more distant. A heavy feeling settled in her chest, and the tears she had been holding back finally fell.

Her heart was full of confusion and regret. She missed Ayana’s joyful laughter, her daughter who once was always cheerful. But now, all she could do was wonder in her heart—how could she make Ayana return to who she used to be?

What could she do to make up for the unspoken mistakes?

In the quiet morning, only the feeling of remorse knocked on her heart repeatedly.

Teenage life at school is full of unforgettable moments—laughing, gossiping, and occasionally feeling nervous about a first crush.

For Ayana, all of that was part of her story. Ayana stood at the front of the class, her eyes immediately drawn to Dinda, who was cheerfully chatting with her friends.

The atmosphere seemed lively, full of jokes and laughter.

"Hey, Ayana! Come here! There's hot gossip at school!" Kirana, sitting next to Dinda, called out to her, waving.

Ayana walked over and sat beside Dinda, who immediately hugged her tightly. That was how Dinda was; physical touch was her way of showing affection, warming the atmosphere.