Chapter 13: Celestial Soiree

Robin's Pov:

The sky above the Sky Island was something out of a dream, stars glimmering like jewels suspended in the midnight expanse. The grand ballroom, if you could even call it that, wasn't anchored to anything solid-just floating platforms and delicate bridges connecting the space. Everywhere I looked, constellations were etched into the air itself, glowing softly, guiding the way. It was breathtaking, like we'd stepped into a painting of the cosmos.

The crew and I were here for a celebration of cosmic alignment-an event that only occurred once every century. But, as is typical for us, we had an ulterior motive. There were whispers of rare artifacts and ancient knowledge hidden on this island, and we weren't about to leave without uncovering some of those secrets.

And then there was Sanji.

Dressed in an ethereal white and gold costume that seemed to shimmer with every step he took, Sanji looked less like a pirate and more like some kind of celestial knight. The outfit was stunning-soft, flowing robes with golden embroidery that danced like starlight, combined with armor-like elements that made him look like a protector of the heavens. A long, shimmering staff completed the look, giving him an air of authority he didn't quite expect.

"I feel ridiculous," he muttered, glancing at the staff in his hand.

I smiled. "You don't look ridiculous. In fact, you fit right in."

He glanced up at the floating stars surrounding us, shaking his head with a soft laugh. "Why do I always get roped into these things?"

As we made our way through the ballroom, I could feel the curious gazes of the guests upon us. They weren't just admiring Sanji's costume-they were drawn to him, whispering about the 'celestial envoy.' It didn't take long for the ruler of the island, an elegant figure draped in cosmic robes, to approach him.

"Ah, the envoy has finally arrived," the ruler said, their voice smooth and rich with authority. "We have waited many moons for one of your kind to grace our celebration."

Sanji blinked, caught off guard. "Uh... envoy?"

Before I could step in and clarify the misunderstanding, the ruler continued, their gaze locked on Sanji's shimmering attire. "We have long sought the protection of the stars. It is said that those blessed by the cosmos can ensure the safety of our realm. You, celestial knight, must join our cause."

I watched as Sanji's face shifted from confusion to something I knew well-his sense of duty. Despite the absurdity of the situation, Sanji always had this undeniable pull to help others, to be the gentleman in any room. Even if that room was floating above the clouds, with people mistaking him for some sort of cosmic hero.

"I, uh... would be honored," Sanji stammered, clearly unsure of how to navigate the situation but unwilling to disappoint.

The ruler smiled, placing a delicate hand on his arm. "We shall make the contract soon. Your presence will save us all."

As the ruler turned to leave, I stepped closer to Sanji, my voice low. "Well, it looks like you've been promoted to protector of the stars."

He gave me a sideways glance, half-amused, half-exasperated. "Great. And here I thought I'd just be cooking dinner tonight."

"On the bright side, you're making quite an impression," I said, watching as the guests around us continued to murmur about the celestial envoy.

Sanji sighed, running a hand through his hair. "How do I get out of this one, Robin?"

I considered it for a moment. The Sky Islanders were clearly taken with him, their belief in the celestial legends woven into their culture. It wouldn't be easy to slip out of this without causing offense. But we'd been in trickier situations before.

"We'll find a way," I reassured him. "For now, just enjoy the party. You might learn something useful."

Sanji nodded, though his expression remained wary. As the evening wore on, he danced and charmed his way through the celebration, always mindful of the growing expectations the islanders had for him. It was only a matter of time before we'd need to make a quiet exit-or find a way to unravel the misunderstanding without a diplomatic incident.

As I watched him, dressed in his gleaming celestial costume, I couldn't help but think that perhaps the stars had aligned for us in more ways than one tonight. After all, Sanji wasn't just a celestial knight in appearance. In his own way, he always looked out for us, always protected us, no matter how absurd the situation.

And as the stars above twinkled brighter in the midnight sky, I had no doubt that we'd find our way through this cosmic tangle-together.