A New Beginning

A year and a half had passed since Kiyotaka and Suzune first decided to become a family with Gojo, Saya, and Aiko. In that time, they had built something beautiful, a life filled with warmth, laughter, and a deep connection that ran deeper than blood.

Today, Kiyotaka and Suzune were walking across the familiar grounds of the Advanced Nurturing High School (ANHS) for the last time. It was graduation day, the moment when they would finally step into the world beyond these gates, leaving behind the grueling, manipulative system that had shaped their teenage years.

Suzune walked beside Kiyotaka, dressed in her crisp graduation uniform, her usual stoic expression softened by the sense of accomplishment in the air. She was now a mother of three, and the bond she had with Kiyotaka had grown into something undeniable, something she cherished more than she had ever imagined.

Behind them, Saya, Aiko, and Gojo trailed closely, their small hands clutching graduation programs, beaming with excitement. Though the children had grown over the past year and a half, they were still young enough to be thrilled by even the smallest changes in their lives.

As they reached the school gates for the last time, Kiyotaka felt a strange sense of relief wash over him. The burdens of his past, the White Room, his father's manipulations—they were all behind him now. His time at ANHS had been challenging, filled with constant games of strategy and manipulation, but none of it mattered anymore. What mattered now was the future he would build with his new family.

Suzune glanced up at him, her amber eyes reflecting the afternoon sun. "We did it," she said quietly, though there was a hint of pride in her voice.

Kiyotaka nodded. "We did."

Just as they were about to leave the gates and walk into the next chapter of their lives, two men in suits approached them. Both looked official, their faces neutral but clearly here on business.

"Mr. Ayanokouji, Miss Horikita," one of the lawyers began, addressing them both. "I represent Ayanokouji Senior. We have some business to settle before you leave."

Kiyotaka raised an eyebrow but remained calm. Suzune stiffened slightly beside him, her eyes narrowing at the mention of Kiyotaka's father. She had learned to expect that anything involving him usually came with strings attached.

The first lawyer stepped forward and handed Kiyotaka a sleek envelope. "This is from your father. You may find the contents surprising."

Kiyotaka accepted the envelope, keeping his expression unreadable. Without opening it, he thanked the lawyer. The man nodded curtly, then turned and walked away.

Before Kiyotaka could inspect the envelope, the second lawyer stepped forward, this time addressing Suzune directly. "Miss Horikita, I am here on behalf of your family."

Suzune's eyes flickered with curiosity but mostly indifference. Her relationship with her parents had always been strained, and she hadn't spoken to them in over a year.

"This is a letter of disownment," the lawyer said flatly, handing her a sealed letter with the Horikita family crest. "Your family no longer recognizes you as a member of the Horikita lineage."

Suzune stared at the letter for a moment before taking it with a steady hand. She didn't even need to open it to know what was inside. She had expected this day would come eventually, and frankly, it didn't bother her as much as it once might have.

"Thank you," she said simply, her voice calm, almost relieved. The lawyer nodded and walked away, leaving them standing there, holding the remnants of their past lives in their hands.

Kiyotaka finally opened the envelope he had received. Inside was a sleek black card with his name engraved on it in gold letters. There was also a letter from his father. Kiyotaka's eyes skimmed over the letter, noting the impersonal tone his father had always used.