Chapter 1

College Life Has Just Begun

"Ping pong~ Is anyone there?"

"Yes, someone is here."

The scream from inside forced my mother to turn the doorknob and go in, facing the person who had been waiting for her. The guy sitting at the head of the bed, grinning, was my roommate. His name was Kongkiat. We had met during the interview, so we decided to apply to live together after passing the exam.

"Beautiful mom, my name is Kong, I'm Gun's cute roommate."

"So cute, baby."

"Thank you. I promise to be good friends with Gun."

"I trust you the most."

Who are you and who are your friends?

Like Kong, he's a cute friend. I want to ask permission to go out to the balcony to cough until my throat is dry. Even though his face looks like a dinosaur wearing glasses and neatly dressed, but let me tell you, this guy is exactly the type of brat that the Engineering department accepted this year. Maybe outsiders will see him as a nerd, but in fact he has an extremely immature personality.

Already poor and still wasteful. If you are not familiar or can sense the other person's true nature, you might be fooled for a long time.

"Kong, what about your family?" After letting mom talk on and on for a while, it was time to change the subject.

"My family comes and goes immediately."

Today is move-in day. The school assigns first years to stay in dormitories for one year. Each faculty is required to move in within a certain period of time. Today is the turn of the Faculty of Engineering, which has accepted over 500 new students this year. So chaos ensued.

Everyone gets their own room. A twin bed room. Freshmen can choose their own roommate. Since Kong was my best friend on the day of the interview and he was capable of sleeping with the light on in the middle of the night, there was no reason for me to risk sleeping with anyone else.

"Then let me introduce you. This is my sister, her name is P'Kloy. My dad is waiting downstairs."

"Hello P'Kloy."

"Hello." My sister clasped her hands in greeting. But Kong's eyes were filled with fear.

Oh, I know. No one knows my sister.

Kloy is the eccentric type. She wears all black from head to toe. I remember she was influenced by Work and Travel. After returning, she changed completely. Other girls don't feel confident when they go out without drawing their eyebrows. As for my sister, if she doesn't wear black eyeliner, she feels like she can't go anywhere because of her bare face.

While my eyebrows are bald and my forehead is protruding, I feel like I have passed the makeup test just by applying eyeliner. It's really confusing.

"P'Kloy is 2 years older than us. He's in his 3rd year now." I continued explaining to Kong. The other asked back while looking at my sister with half-dare and half-fear.

"Study here?"

"Don't study here. If I did, I would have an easier time dealing with the brats around here."

"Uiiii"

"Kloy is teasing me. Kong, just act naturally. Gun, come here. We have something to discuss." Mom ended the small argument, before grabbing my wrist and forcing me to sit on the headboard of her bed.

Soon, this place will become my second home. I will probably be lonely when I no longer wake up in my own house like every day. But that's how it is. People always have to grow up and face change. That's the law of the world.