Chapter 8

This is what friends do together

In my previous life, I must have created heavy karma, so in this life, every time I do something, I encounter hellish moments.

And this was one of those hellish moments that no one could have expected. Even Kong could only gape. There was absolute silence. No movement or words came from either side. Perhaps only the heart was pounding so hard that it almost broke through the chest.

What did I say!!

Then what did Yotha ask!!

“It’s like this, Yotha.” I hated myself. Whenever I was stressed, my mind would go blank. “It’s like… Kong!”

"Huh?"

The owner of the name widened his eyes. But the funny thing was that while my best friend and I were writhing around like worms in hot water, Yotha was still standing there. Except for the previous question, he didn't say anything else.

"Kong asked me to run. Hey! We have to go quickly or the sun will go down. We'll talk about it later." Without delay, I grabbed my best friend's hand and ran out of the room.

At this point, my brain was numb. I couldn’t think of any excuses, so I decided to solve the problem by running away to be safe. By the time I got to Kong’s motorbike parking lot, large drops of sweat were running down my back, spreading to my groin. If it weren’t for the fact that I hadn’t run yet, I would have thought I had just completed the swimming round of the triathlon.

"Damn Kong. It's all your fault."

"Oh, right. How did I get it wrong, you piece of shit? You're the one who did the test yourself, you said it yourself. And now you have the nerve to blame me? Huhu." He raised his hand to slap me. But I was faster, grabbing his arm before speaking in a low voice.

"Let me think of a way."

"Can we find a cool place to sit first? Damn it. It's so hot in here."

"Not running anymore?"

"Or do you want to run?"

"Let's get out of here first. If I stay any longer, I'm afraid Yotha will follow me and beat me until my head bleeds." Without waiting long, we quickly rode Kongkiat's beloved motorbike and left immediately.

In the end, we had to rest in a small cafe instead of jogging. Honestly, even though we were sitting under the air conditioning, our bodies were still burning from the situation just now.

"Do you think Yotha really heard that?" This question came from my dear friend who still didn't want to believe his ears. If possible, I would also like to slap his ears again so he can hear clearly.

"If we don't listen, will it ask that? I think we should prepare to find a way to deal with its question."

"It's easy. Just admit, 'Yeah.... I like it.' Go ahead. Be brave."

"Fuck you! I don't even know if I really like him or not. Ridiculous." The test was vague. The feeling was light. When a person likes someone, the symptoms are definitely not just like this. But if there is... then maybe it's more like friends.

"If you still don't understand, then go find the answer for yourself."

"I'll probably find it in the next life if I search now, but today I have to find an excuse to answer Yotha directly, my friend."

“Tell him he’s joking.” Kong started giving ideas. I paused to think for a moment, before picking up my phone and typing each idea into my phone.

"Reasonable."