Chapter 2

The Dark Lord of Civil Engineering

From childhood to adulthood, my life was full of surprises. The highlight was when I met my only sister returning from Work and Travel with all black clothes and hair from head to toe; the cat I had raised for several years, constantly giving me food and water, turned out not to be a stray cat like I thought, but its owner was sitting right across the house shaking his legs; or when I discovered my first girlfriend was having an affair with a senior at school.

So many things have passed that I thought were the climax, but no, because now, right now! Something even more climaxing has happened.

Not being able to differentiate is not wrong, but this situation where everyone in the department knows except me is really strange. Where the hell have I been.

"Faifah, you stay here for a bit. Let me go find some allies."

I don't believe I'm the only one who's stupid. So I quickly ran to find my beloved friend Kong all over Minimart and quickly dragged him out to face his tall relative.

"Kong, do you know who this is?" Without saying a word, I pointed at the target.

"Faifah, the one you asked about yesterday. Hey. How's it going? I saw you playing soccer with the second year students recently. Are you okay?"

"Fine. Come over if you're free." Wait. I only answered a little bit and he changed the subject. I knew it was rude to interrupt, but the question in my head was still unclear.

"Wait. Wait! You know Faifah. Okay, I get it. So you know she has a twin brother?"

"Oh, that Yotha thing? Only an idiot wouldn't know."

"Me!" Even Kongkiat knew. So why didn't I suspect anything before?

"Huh. You don't know?" He asked me with a naive look.

"You never said."

"I thought you knew it long ago. People are talking about it all over the department. Oh my. You're good at other things, but you're so stupid about important things."

"Ignorance is not guilt."

"Okay. Now you know. I'm going to buy some 'Stay Up to Die' coffee. See you later, Faifah." Kong is a friend-loving guy, but food is the best friend. So after a little chat, he immediately ran off to find some more coffee. I stood there, dumbfounded, in the middle of a forest of sweets and candy with my tall best friend. A silence fell before I decided to pull him to the chair in front of the Minimart to explain further.

"You have a twin brother named Yotha." I repeated again in a firm voice.

"Correct."

"But I'm stupid, I can't tell the difference."

"It's not just you. Yotha and I look very similar. Some people can't even tell us apart. It depends on our outward personalities."

"So how are the two of you different in appearance so I can tell the difference? To be honest, when I met your brother, I didn't suspect anything except for his taciturn appearance."

"Different huh..." The owner of the handsome face rolled his eyes as if thinking. "Maybe I should take it off."

"Hey. So depraved." Just thinking about it makes me feel sad.

"What's so perverted about that? Just take off your shirt."

Oh... I forgot. Just hearing 'take off', my mind immediately imagined the first pair of pants.

"W...then why do I have to take off my shirt?"

"Yotha has a small tattoo on his right waist."

"You're just a kid and you're already getting tattoos." I said that, but I once dreamed of planning to get a tattoo without my mom's knowledge. I looked back at myself briefly. "What kind of tattoo is that?"