Chapter 19 (End)

Engineering Makes Us Fall in Love

Special moments of Yotha Thanawanyotha

The common name is Yotha. The real name is also Yotha. The family name is Thanawanyotha. My father separated it to create a new family name. The meaning of it is not complicated. Since my father is a civil engineer, he wanted to use the family name to express himself.

Thus, Thanawanyotha means prosperity that comes from manual labor.

And admit that...he got where he is today thanks to hard work.

My parents met at university. My father used to say it was fate, because they studied in the same department and participated in the same activities. My mother studied Electrical Engineering, but she was a dreamer, she came here without any clear purpose, other than to graduate and go out to find a job, even if that job was not related to her major.

The shelves in the living room of the house are where many memories are kept. One of them is a large family photo album that tells the story from the past to the present.

Newton was born with love.

It seemed like they were joking around that the reason for this name was because of their love for Physics and Newton's laws, which were the prerequisites for people to study first. Therefore, the first child was named Newton. Many years later, Faifah and I had the opportunity to open our eyes to the world.

The reason is no doubt. They named us to express their own personality.

I grew up like everyone else. No difference, no cold face that made many people afraid. I used to laugh a lot when watching comedy shows with my family, used to smile brightly on my birthday when everyone was present. But those things... won't stay with me forever.

My parents divorced and had to choose which child to raise. But at the moment when I hoped that my mother would choose me and keep her promise, she chose Faifah. And I knew clearly that she was more attached to my younger brother, whether it was because of the name that expressed a part of her, or the similar personality and interests.

I really hate to say that my mother loved Faifah more, but at that time...maybe she was forced to choose what her heart wanted to choose the most.

I'm not sure when I started to change. Rarely smiling, not laughing, lost in myself and the feeling of not being chosen. Many lives have been changed. Everyone has to change and move forward as a matter of course. As for Dad, he still takes care of us as carefully as before. Only To be...

There is no mother here anymore.

These pains were buried deep in my heart for many years, until I heard that my mother was about to remarry. Faifah immediately asked permission to move into our house, extinguishing the hope that had been burning in a small corner that one day, we would return to live together completely.

And at my saddest moment, I was lucky enough to meet Warich.

He came when I needed someone. Both of our hearts were broken from being abandoned. We were always on the same page, comforting each other, until it grew from brotherhood to lovers. But one day, I was kicked back to being a brother with a painful sentence that...

We of the present are not love.

The question is what does love look like?

I don't believe it and have no intention of finding out its true meaning anymore, but just live a miserable life. Encourage people to cheat and break up quickly. I'm getting more and more used to my own twisted mind.