Harry Potter V4.

This is the final one I'm going to post before uploading the first chapter.

I need to choose a wand wood.

I searched through the Harry Potter Wiki and found some good ones that fit his character and his Thestral hair core for his wand very well.

There are six options.

Option One) Ash.

Those witches and wizards best suited to ash wands were not lightly swayed from their beliefs or purposes, the ideal owner might be stubborn, and would certainly be courageous, but never crass or arrogant. 

However, the brash or over-confident witch or wizard, who often insisted of trying wands of this prestigious wood, would be disappointed by its effects. An ash wand cleaved to its one true master and ought not to be passed on or gifted from the original owner, because it would lose power and skill.

Known users. Cedric Diggory and Charles Weasley.

Option Two) Ebony.

This jet-black wand wood had an impressive appearance and reputation, being highly suited to all manner of and to . Ebony was happiest in the hand of those with the courage to be themselves. Frequently non-conformist, highly individual or comfortable with the status of outsider, ebony owners had been found both among the ranks of the and among the .

In the experience of, the ebony wand's perfect match was the one who would hold fast to their beliefs, no matter what the external pressure, and would not be swayed lightly from their purpose

Known users. Aurelius Dumbledore and Leta Lestrange.

Option Three) English Oak.

A wand for good times and bad, this was a friend as loyal as the wizard who deserved it. Wands of English oak demanded partners of strength, courage, and fidelity. Less well-known is the propensity for owners of English oak wands to have powerful intuition, and, often, an affinity with the magic of the natural world, with the creatures and plants that are necessary to wizardkind for both magic and pleasure.

Known Users. Rubues Hagrid and Rumored Merlin

Option Four) Holly

Traditionally considered protective, Holly wands worked most happily for those who might need help overcoming a tendency to anger and impetuosity. At the same time, holly wands often chose owners who were engaged in some dangerous and often spiritual quest. Holly was one of those woods that varied most dramatically in performance depending on the wand core.

Known User. Harry Potter.

Option Five) Willow.

Willow was an uncommon wand wood with healing power, and their ideal owner often had some (usually unwarranted) insecurity, however well they might try and hide it. They had a handsome appearance and a well-founded reputation for enabling advanced, non-verbal magic. Willow wands had consistently selected those of greatest potential, rather than those who felt they had little to learn. The Ollivander family believed that "he who has furthest to travel will go fastest with willow".

Known User. Lily Evans Potter and Ron Weasley.

Option Six) Yew.

Yew were among the rarer kinds, and their ideal matches were likewise unusual, and occasionally notorious. The of yew was reputed to endow its possessor with the power of life and, which might, of course, be said of all wands; and yet yew retained a particularly dark and fearsome reputation in the spheres of all.

However, it is untrue to say (as those unlearned in wand lore often did. that those who used yew wands were more likely to be attracted to them than another. The best suited to a yew wand might equally have proven a fierce protector of others.

Wands hewn from these most long-lived trees had been found in the possession of heroes quite as often as of villains. Where wizards had been buried with wands of yew, the wand generally sprouted into a tree guarding the dead owner's grave. What is certain is that the yew wand never chose either a mediocre or a timid owner

Known holders. Voldemort, Ginny Weasley.