7

"Keep going!" I shouted, still closely behind my mother.

She turned into a familiar neighborhood, but I couldn't make out as to why it was so familiar.

"Why is she?"

"I don't know," I huffed, stepping on the gas a bit more.

She pulled into a run down home, and that's when it hit me.

She is at her bosses house.

"Oh my god." I sighed, rubbing my temples.

I parked her car a few houses down, but still close enough to see my mothers actions.

Trevor and his dad walked outside, grabbing the envelope from my mother. That's when things started to get out of hand, and I heard muffled yelling.

My hand slightly opened the door, before Sam attempted to stop me.

"You can't-"

"But I can." I said, getting out of the car and running to my mother.

"Mother?" I stated, more than asked.

"L-l-Logan?" She looked very surprised and slowly backed away as I got closer.

"What's going on here? Why are you giving your boss money?" I asked.

"No please. Logan you have to-"

"No. She deserves to know." Raphael interrupted, stepping forward and into view.

"Matthew." Raphael called, having Trevor walk out?

"Trevor?" I asked, very confused.

"Sorry sweetie, my names Matthew. This, this was just a wig." He slipped off the brunette hair, and revealed a quiffed up dirty blonde hair do.

"N-no.." I was so confused; frightened, really.

"Your mother here, she's paying me. She's paying me to have you make friends here, so I volunteered my son. But, your mother had to do what I wanted, as I wished."

"But, you're her boss?"

"Incorrect; her mate, pal, friend. Well, more than a friend," he chuckled, sending my mom a wink. My mother was just staring at me, with an 'aw'd' look on her face. "Oh, dear. Your mother didn't tell you? She moved here because she felt you were depressed. She knew me from childhood, but didn't realize who I'd become. This, this is great! She's paying me monthly to have my son be your friend. In return, I can do whatever I want to her, and for her." He snaked his hands around her waist, and she quickly swatted them away.

"Mom.." I whispered, tears coming from my eyes at this point. "No. No." I yelled. "Mother! How could you?! I was fine in Florida! Fine! Look what you've gotten us into."

"Sweetie, if I give him the money we're free. It's 10,000$." My mother forced a smile, though she was crying.

A bit of relief shined through my eyes, before Raphael began to speak again.

"Oh? Is that the deal? Wrong; you're slipping out of the deal. Therefore, I get one precious thing from your home that you value." He evilly grinned, eyeing me down.

"Logan. I heard the yelling. Are you okay?" Sam hesitantly asked, tapping my shoulder.

"Make that two things.." Raphael laughed.

"Sam run!" I yelled, running with Sam.

"Matthew go!" Raphael screamed, Matthew trailing behind us.

Sam tripped over a wire in their yard, and I could not leave her. It was my fault that she got into this mess.

I collapsed on top of her, and Matthew ordered us to get up. "Get up," he huffed, clearly annoyed.

He wrapped our hands behind our back, tying them together with rope. I felt like I was in prison.

"No!" My mother yelled. "Raphe, you can't do this! I'll do anything, please!"

After continuously begging, I only began to hear muffled voices from my mom, before my vision went black due to a cloth covering my lips.

-

"Ouch," I groaned, rubbing my temples.

"W-where are we?" Sam stuttered.

I shrugged. "I-I don't know."

We looked around the empty, dark room. It was confusing to tell what time it was, but based on the hint of sunlight peaking through the tiny window, it was probably mid morning.

"I'm sorry." I apologized to Sam. "I dragged you into this mess. And you're going to get out first. Understood?"

She nodded hesitantly, but she did nod. So she understood my wishes, and would follow what I said to do.

I fiddled with my thumbs before realizing I could manage to untie my ropes.

"I got it," I groaned, in pain due to my fingers stretching ways they should never stretch.

"Ouch," I slipped off the rope and twirled my hands and wrists in circles before untying Sam's.

Now all we need to do is find a way out of here. Away from Raphael, and Matthew.