13

"Sweetie, are you okay?" I heard someone's muffled voice as I slowly opened my eyes.

"W-what?" I stuttered, "where am I?"

"You passed out, from what your friend over there said." The old woman explained, examining my eyes with a light. "No concussion, no bruising or anything." She muttered. "You're good to go. Here's some medicine for any headache you may have." She acknowledged me rubbing my forehead, handing me the pills with a water bottle as well.

"Thank you," I sincerely smiled, before standing up and adjusting my sweater.

Riley led me out of what appeared to be the nurse's office, and began to explain what happened.

"You blacked out, but I'm not sure why. You had just slapped Matthew and then got all, I guess, sick to your stomach? I don't know, frankly. But, you're okay now. You've been knocked out for most of the day, so. Fourth block is about to start, but considering we're seniors we don't even have a fourth block." She mumbled, fiddling with her thumbs as she led me out the front door.

I nodded slowly, and walked to my jeep.

"Trey drove me in today, so-"

"No, please come." I smiled, knowing she was asking for a ride.

She grinned and slipped into the passenger seat, while I took my medicine.

My head was pounding as I gripped onto the steering wheel. I'm guessing Riley knew, because she kept quiet for most of the ride and the only noises that were heard were her texting and the left and right signals.

"I've missed you." Riley blurted out.

"I've missed you too. Sorry I've been so caught up in Ally lately, I'm finally opening up again. Matthew was really there for me, but I can't just trust him after what he did." I sighed, pulling up to her house.

"Please, come in and explain." Riley said, as I agreed and pulled into her driveway.

Riley generally stayed at home alone, considering she was an only child and her mom and dad worked for a job that requires travel each week. They've been gone since yesterday, and won't be back for another week, apparently. This is the longest they'll ever be away.

We quickly stepped into the quiet household, as I scanned Riley's house. I've never been inside it, and it was very neat and clean.

She led me to her room after grabbing some snacks, and I took a seat on her bed.

Her room was an all white themed room, with white sheets, white sidetable, white curtains, a simple oak brown desk that accented the white, and some oak brown rugs. She had a walk in closet that was huge, unlike my dresser.

"Your room is, uh, amazing." I hesitantly said as I looked for how to describe it.

"Thank you," she sweetly smiled, placing down the snacks and tea.

I grabbed my cup of tea and sipped it slowly, as I grabbed a few pretzel m&m's. They were rather delicious.

"So, please explain what occurred with Matthew." Riley pleaded, cupping her face into her hands.

I nodded and began; describing everything. Beginning with how I was so emotionless after Ally, and how he helped me become who I am now. How we spent every day together, and comforted each other. He knows many details about me, as I do for him.

"Wow," she gaped, stirring her straw around.

I nodded, taking a few more m&m's.

"That's, that's an interesting story, Lo. I'm sorry he's done this to you. I know how much you care for him." She apologetically smiled.