12

Immediately regretting looking up, I felt my shoulders drop as I shook my head.

Matthew had a cigarette in his hand, with a few cans of beer sitting in a red cooler beside him. He let a puff of smoke escape his lips, as he let out a laugh with the blonde bimbo he was with.

I looked down from the window and began to crawl back to where my car was parked. I stood up and brushed off the dirt on my legs, and sped back home. Why did I let my curiosity get the best of me, again?

Making my way back into my house, I stormed up to my room.

Matthew has frustrated me to a new level; he's never done this stuff before. Well, that's what he's told me.

He comes across as an innocent, loving, caring, sweet guy, but frankly, I don't know who he is anymore.

I frowned as I thought about him doing this kind of thing. Every single Sunday, is this where he goes?

I didn't even know he knew that girl; Hannah I think.

"How could I have been so stupid?" I groaned in frustration, patting my forehead.

After hours of thinking, I replayed multiple questions in my head.

What if this was all fake?

What if he doesn't actually care for me?

Am I being blindsided? By his charming words?

"No." I muttered to myself, scooting around in bed.

Matthew had texted me a few times, but I decided to ignore them. I'd see him at school tomorrow anyways.

Continuing to think for what felt like days, I eventually found my eyes closing, for I had fallen asleep.

-

"Good morning sweetie," my mom greeted me in the kitchen as I passed her to get to the fridge.

Today I had on a pair of light washed skinny jeans, with a very thin, blue and white flannel and a grey, loose sweater on over top of it. I popped the collar up on the flannels collar to where it was showing a bit out of the neckline of the crewneck sweater. My sleeves were folded, but also a bit visible.

For my shoes, I cuffed my pants up a bit and had on my white, high top converse. I just filled in my eyebrows, like I normally do; considering I don't wear makeup.

I grabbed an apple and began to eat it, before slipping my bag on and walking out the door.

"Bye mom!" I shouted, quickly exiting and getting into my jeep.

The drive to school was shorter than I had hoped; I didn't want to confront Matthew about yesterday, so I was thinking of what to do instead.

I ended up deciding on asking him where he went yesterday after my house, before making my way into the building filled with people I don't want to be around for 8 hours.

"Oh hey." Riley, one of my friend from school grinned, crowding around me.

"Hey." I forced a smile.

"Where's everybody else?" She frowned, looking for our two other friends.

"Uhm, you mean Hailey and Trey?" I asked, slightly confused.

"Yeah. The two other people we sit at lunch with, silly." Riley said, as if she were stating the obvious. I felt a little out of the loop, considering I've missed some school due to the whole Ally thing. Those 3 are the only ones, besides Matthew, from school that know about it.

They comforted me, but not like Matthew did.

"Oh yeah, them. Uh, I don't know. We never walk with them in the mornings?" I furrowed my eyebrows, as we continued talking while walking to first block. Matthew was in there with us, so it should be interesting.

"Yeah that's true. I was just curious as to where they were." Riley said, sipping her coffee.

I nodded as we entered the classroom. Riley went off to her boyfriend, Trey, and I stood at the front observing the room.

Matthew was in the back with some of the football jocks, talking with them. He flashed me his perfect smile before walking over to me.

Stay cool, Logan. You've gotta stay tough.

I repeated that in my head multiple times as he inched closer and closer to me. We were standing a few feet apart, now.

"Hey." I smiled.

"Hello." He grinned back, looking around the room.

"Where did you, uh, go last n-night?" I hesitantly asked, wondering if I shouldn't have done that or not.

"Oh." He stuttered, and thought for a moment. "Just, uh, my buddy Jack's place." He gestured to Jack Gilinsky who was one of the football players that Matthew knew very well.

He lied to me. My body took over with anger, and I just spoke rather than thought about what I would say, first.

"Matthew." I gritted through my teeth.

He look startled and placed his hand on my shoulder, but I quickly threw it off.

"You're a liar." I muttered.

"W-what?" His face went pale.

"You went to some bimbo's house last night and smoked. Is that what you do every Sunday? Go behind my back and do things you swore you'd never do? I guess you weren't who I thought you were, Matthew!" I cringed at my words, as the realization set in. My eyes brimmed with tears, but I didn't let the tears falls whatsoever.

"Logan, please." Matthew pleaded, guilt in his eyes.

I shook my head slowly, and backed up from him. I wanted to cuddle him up in a hug, but I couldn't. He hurt me by lying, consistently, every Sunday.

He touched my shoulder, I knew because I just knew his touch.

"What?" I growled, swatting his hand off again.

"You know what?" He evilly laughed. "I will tell you why I left your house or you every Sunday. I wanted to have a FUN time with FUN people that weren't annoying. You're boring and a waste of my time. I don't need you, Logan. You needed me. I'm done with you, frankly, I'm glad you found out!" He hissed, throwing his hands up in annoyance.

I just let the tears fall, and my actions took over. I smacked him across the face in front of the class, and was pulled back by Riley.

The teacher came running over as Matthew held his cheek, cursing at me. My ears were ringing, and I felt numb as I lingered to the front with Riley pushing me to follow the teacher.

I fell back into Riley's arms, as everything went black.

••