8

WARNING: THIS CHAPTER WILL MAKE YOU FEEL A VARIETY OF EMOTIONS AT THE END, AND ONCE YOU GET TO THE END, ILL CLARIFY EVERYTHING FOR THE STORY OK THX BYE

••

"The only exit I see is that tiny window below the AC vent." I groaned, letting out a sigh of defeat.

"We'll find a way out, both of us." Sam smiled.

"I'm so sorry. I barely even know you, but I've dragged you into this mess. I didn't know following my mother would lead to this, honestly." I laughed a bit at the last part. "I miss her, and I just want to now why she lied." I admitted.

"I get it, really. Don't be so sorry. You had no idea and I was the only person you knew her, besides this family, of course." She gave me a reassuring smile, before rubbing my back.

"Thank you." I grinned, thanking her for all her help.

Helping a stranger is not something I would personally do.

We searched for another exit, but failed to find one.

"Okay, let's just try to sleep then, I guess. It'll make the time go away, and prevent them from doing anything to us, considering they would think we're still knocked out."

I nodded and found a 'comfy' spot on the cold, concrete floor.

Eventually, after crying for awhile, I cried myself to sleep.

-

(Dream)

I saw something I didn't want to see.

"No!" I screamed, as my dad slapped my mother across the face.

My mom fell to the floor and I cried, and cried. My daddy pushed me against the wall, and grabbed a bag, running out the door.

I ran to my mommy's side, who was bleeding badly on her left cheek.

"Mommy," I sobbed into her shoulder.

"Logan...Logan. Logan.." I heard, before my mommy began shaking me.

"Logan. Logan.."

(Dream end)

-

"Logan. Logan wake up." My mother shook me violently.

"Huh? What?" I groggily asked, rubbing my eyes.

"What were you dreaming about? It seemed scary, considering you were continuously saying no, and kicking violently." My mother laughed a bit, tucking a piece of hair behind my ear.

"What? Where are we? Where's Sam?" I asked, very confused.

"Sam? Who? Ally's nurse?" My mother asked, looking around the hospital waiting room.

Wait, waiting room?

"Where are we?! Mother? Where's Raphael, and Matthew?" I asked, on the verge of crying at this point. Did I get amnesia? Am I going crazy?

"Matthew? The boy who is sleeping over there?" She asked, pointing to a boy who was fast asleep on the couch next to me.

"What happened?" I asked.

"You fell asleep after visiting Ally and coming into the waiting room. It's only been a day, sweetie. We've been stuck in here since yesterday due to the storm, and you fell asleep around 7. It's 8:30am right now, honey."

So none of that happened. I was never trapped with Raphael, we hadn't moved, I never met Sam, and I never left Ally.

This was crazy, and why I was dreaming of all of this, boggled my tiny brain.

-

(A/N: Okay so basically, chapters 3-7 were just a dream; and part of chapter 8. Ally is not out of the hospital, and it's still storming. Basically, the only real life situations are starting now and chapters 1-2 were also real. At the end of chapter 2, Logan basically fell asleep in the waiting room and dreamt about everything. I've rewritten chapt 2's ending, so it makes more sense. So go retread that! Sam is Ally's nurse, Matthew was just a boy she saw walk into the waiting room before going to sleep. Confusing I know, but it was only just a dream....) OKAY BACK TO THE STORY!

-

My mother left me sitting alone in the waiting room, as I realized Ally was still in the hospital. It was only the day after he accident, and I had never been so confused in my life.

"Hey, you looked pretty scared before you fell asleep." The boy from the couch chuckled, ruffling his hair.

I nodded, "yeah. Bad dream."

"I'm Matthew." He stuck out his hand, gripping it tightly with mine.

"I know." He furrowed his eyebrows, confused. "I mean, I'm Logan." I smiled, realizing he was just in my dream, and didn't know who I was.

"Have we met before?" He asked.

"I think before we both fell asleep we briefly introduced ourselves, but that's it." I sighed, really not remembering anything.

"Oh, I see." He nodded, standing up. "Well, I've got to go check on my grandmother. See you later." He smiled, leaving me sitting alone.

"Ally," I whispered, getting up and running to her room.

She looked just as bad as she did before, and hasn't woken up.

"Ally," I sighed. "Please wake up." I pleaded.

Why do bad things always happen to good people?

Why couldn't her waking up not have been just in my dream?

••

HA. I gotchu all right in the feels ;-)