Chapter Twelve

IRIDESCENT

CHAPTER | Twelve 

It had been eight years since Savannah left Riverdale with Kyle and Cheryl in tow. 

Boston had been the perfect choice for her. 

She went to an all-girls school not far from the apartment that she rented with her brother and his girlfriend. Savannah and Cheryl got jobs as waitresses in the same restaurant where Kyle started his career as a chef. 

Most nights, Savannah would come home to Kyle cooking something new, something magnificent, Cheryl would declare after being his taste tester.

They stayed there for years, the three of them together. 

Patricia eventually got out of rehab, and stayed sober this time. She met someone while she was in, a kind man named Ian. She moved in with him after they left the centre, and eloped not long after. 

Cheryl and Savannah had been her bridesmaids, and Kyle walked her down to aisle to a goofy Elvis impersonator. They had doubted their relationship, but Patricia and Ian would stay together to the end of their lives, falling asleep together one final time when their children were much older. 

Kevin Keller stayed in Riverdale his whole life, eventually becoming sheriff after his father. He never left the town, and would only see Savannah over video call, as she never returned to Riverdale. 

Veronica Lodge went to college and met the love of her life, Daniel. They moved together back to New York, where Veronica always knew she belonged. She would visit Savannah regularly, as they were only a few hours away. 

She and Archie had broken up their senior year of High School for the final time. They were on and off for years before they finally called it quits, and Veronica left Riverdale. She had also never been back. 

Archie Andrews still lived in Riverdale. After his father's sudden death, he took over the construction company and worked hard to the bone to see it succeed. His mother stayed with him, and Vegas was still doing well, despite his age. Savannah and Archie didn't keep in touch. 

Betty Cooper was recruited by the FBI straight out of college, and she had finally met her real brother, Charles. She never visited her father in jail. Her sister, Polly, was murdered a few years after he was arrested. Alice Cooper never recovered. 

Jughead Jones finally became the writer that he aspired to be. He attended the University of Iowa and published his book, 'The Outcasts'. It was based on Jason Blossom's murder, and he never mentioned Savannah. 

A few years after Savannah left, she heard rumours that Jughead and Betty had started dating.

At the age of 22, Savannah graduated with her business degree, and opened up her own bakery, co-owned by Cheryl. Kyle planned to join them once he was fully qualified as a chef. Their own little family business. 

"Are you ready?" Cheryl cooed from the door, wobbling into the room to inspect the beautiful bride. 

"Yes, I think so." Savannah huffed, staring at herself in the mirror. She couldn't believe it, she was actually getting married. 

"This calls for a toast!" Veronica called from across the room, tottering across in her giant heels. A silver tray with mimosas in her hand. 

"Woah," Savannah took one and sniffed it. "There better be a virgin one in there for this one." She nodded to Cheryl, who proudly rubbed her large stomach.

Kyle had proposed to Cheryl on her 18th birthday and they were married by her 21st, as soon as his genius wife graduated early. Her art was strung around the bakery that they owned.