Chapter Five

*HINTS OF SEXUAL THEMES*

IRIDESCENT

CHAPTER | FIVE

"Savannah!" Veronica cried upon seeing her friend back at school. "I've missed you! How have you been?"

The girl in question hobbled toward the glamorous raven-haired girl, her weight supported by a pair of rickety crutches. She still hadn't mastered how to use them, she supposed that was down to her brother, who had confined her to bed rest once they got home.

Once Jughead and Betty had gotten her to the hospital, she'd been wheeled away on a gurney. They'd removed the glass; taken about a hundred x-rays of her foot; given her a tetanus vaccine and then decided, she needed surgery.

Apparently, not only had she sprained her ankle on the fall, but the piece of glass was so large and cut so deep that it severed one of her tendons.

She only spent two nights in hospital before they ushered her out, insisting that she get lots of rest and didn't dare step foot back in school for two weeks.

It had felt like an eternity, even with Veronica sending her daily updates on what was doing on. Glossing very quickly over what was happening with the Black Hood, instead she focused on her relationship with Archie, and how Betty was doing.

While the blonde had spent time visiting Savannah during her time at home, the relationship between the two was very tense. Savannah had insisted that she forgave the two, after all, she wasn't exactly one to judge, but everything was still odd.

"You okay?" Jughead asked from beside his girlfriend.

Savannah turned to look at him. "Yeah."

"Okay, I better get to school." He muttered, leaning down to press a kiss to her cheek.

Savannah frowned as he quickly left the school and turned back to Veronica, who was looking at her with a perfectly arched brow.

"I thought you forgave him?" Veronica asked curiously.

"I did." Savannah sighed, moving her crutches about to get move comfortable. "I think he blames himself for me being in this." She gestures down to the cast on her foot. "I hope everything goes back to normal once it comes off."

"How long is that?"

"Supposed to be six weeks." Savannah told Veronica with a frown, "But my doctor says I'm making good recovery time, so I might be able to get it off soon and he'll put it in a support instead."

"Bye bye crutches." Veronica looked at them with disdain.

"Fingers crossed." Savannah sighed, "Thank you for your updates. I feel like I've missed so much."

Veronica shrugged, "Not too much. I mean, a few letters from the Black Hood, a threat here and there."

"Jughead and Archie taking part in a drag race." Savannah said, as if it were everyday news. "The Ghoulies getting rounded up. That sugarman guy getting shot. Betty being threatened by the Black Hood."

"A few minor details that you don't need to worry yourself about." Veronica dismissed the girl's words. "Did I tell you?" Her eyes tinkled with mischief. "Betty and I caught Sheriff Keller and Mayor McCoy. Together."

"Huh." Savannah pondered the thought, "Yeah, I can see that. Poor Josie and Kevin."

Veronica didn't say anything else. She simply took Savannah's backpack over her shoulder and the two walked - one hobbled, rather - to their next class.