Chapter 3

꒰ᐢ. .ᐢ꒱

── .✦ a/n so sorry for the slow burn please bear with it for the first few chapters ily<33 

Taehyun's office was spotless and calm, a world away from the messy blur of last night. Her heels clicked softly as she walked away from him and settled onto the couch. Receiving the news just a few hours ago, she was not prepared with what questions to ask, or what he might ask. Yeonjun followed and sat across her, unbuttoning his coat and hanging it on the armrest.

Flustered, she quickly rose up instead of initiating a conversation. "I think we can have this meeting together with the team,"

He crossed his legs and looked up at her, "and what will you present in the meeting?"

This got her thinking. Working three years in the legal department she didn't put much work in creative sites. She didn't know what type of theme he was going for the winter campaign either.

"Sit down. I'll tell you about my ideas and then we could think about how to do this," Yeonjun proposed, his eyes full of hope and clarity. His gaze was strong like he knew what exactly he wanted.

As he shared his ideas, Hyemi actively listened and vocalized her thoughts calmly. There she was-so composed, so formal. It was almost hard to recognize this polished professional with the woman from last night, who had made him go to lengths to drop her off at home or-her bed. She clearly didn't remember, and he was rather enjoying this holding back smirks and grins.

The meeting was brief, with little to talk about besides what he was expecting. Hyemi was persistent on ending it quickly, and she looked visibly distressed with the hangover. He took the hint and stood up looking at his watch saying he had other plans. Which he truly did. A very socially draining dinner awaited him.

Before leaving the office he turned back, "On a good note I am glad you can't remember," he grinned, adding "But it's a shame I can't compliment how cute you were last night,"

Hyemi blinked like she couldn't believe what he was saying. Before she could ask for more context he was walking out the door and Yejin followed inside quickly.

"It's bout time I tell you, girl~" her bsf said mischievously.

────୨ৎ────

The empty bottle of Mogu Mogu fell on the floor. The wind brushed against their faces as the two stood leaning at the roof's edge. Overlooking Seoul which as usual was bustling, was turning dark as the sun started to set down. Hyemi's jaw was hanging as her best friend spoke about what happened last night.

"You left me alone with him?" Hyemi asked in utter betrayal.

"I was busy,"

"And he took me home. A man I met last night took me home," she emphasized.

"Choi Yeonjun took you home," Yejin rolled her eyes and pulled out her phone. She nonchalantly took selfies of herself and sent in their friend group, like she couldn't care less about the same rant of being involved with a man. "I wanna have a honeymoon too," Yejin sighed awwing at the Twitter post of Inhye and Sungho.

She shoved the phone in front of Hymi's face but her mind was elsewhere. Hyemi was busy racking herself for getting so drunk, but then it struck her. "What about his girlfriend?"

"He is single. What gf?"

"The girl last night with Yeon..." she trailed as she remembered. Her face turned red, one might say it was the cold autumn breeze but she was swelling up in embarrassment. She had heard his argument with Han Yura and then got drunk to the point he had to take her back home, and clung to him. Her skin crawled at the memories and she wished to jump off the twelve-floor building right now. Thank God, Yejin was unaware of the events later at her apartment or else her bsf was sure to pull her leg till she got sick of it.