Night Owl Ch. 13

JK disappeared inside the house, reemerging a moment later with a robe in hand. His footsteps were heavy, yet his face was unreadable, eyes fixed somewhere beyond me. Without a word, he handed over the robe, his gaze distant, almost like I wasn't even there.

"Your clothes are in the pool house," he muttered, voice flat, barely there. "I'll be with hyung in the main house when you're ready."

I managed a nod, more automatic than anything else, and trudged towards the pool house. Each step felt heavier than the last, shame clinging to me like the damp air. My fingers fumbled with the fabric of my clothes, every pull a reminder of the truth I had kept hidden, the truth I should've told him long ago. The weight of it pressed against my chest as I slipped each piece on, the seconds feeling like they dragged on forever.

My heart thudded in my ears, louder and louder, as I tied my pants and slid my feet into my slippers. Every second felt borrowed. Outside, the house loomed ahead of me, Jin seated on the couch, his elbows propped on his knees, the room too quiet. JK stood in the kitchen, leaning against the island, his posture rigid, tense.

I swallowed the lump in my throat and took a step forward. As I reached the door, JK's eyes flickered in my direction. He moved toward the door without a word, the weight of everything left unsaid hanging between us.

"Lily, are you okay?" His voice, softer now, had none of the sharp edges from earlier. He slipped his arms around my neck, his breath warm against my ear. "I'm sorry I reacted like that. It's going to be okay." He pulled back slightly, his eyes scanning mine, searching for something—reassurance, maybe.

I gave a small nod, my fingers finding the fabric of his shirt, tugging gently. Without another word, he took my hand, and together, we walked toward the living room. My heart raced, the tension tightening with every step, unsure of what was coming next.

Jin sat there, elbows on his knees, staring at his hands. The silence stretched, thick and suffocating, until his voice cut through.

"How long?"

Jungkook's brow furrowed. "How long what?"

"How long have you been fucking her?" Jin's words dripped with smugness, his eyes lifting only briefly before settling back down.

Jungkook's jaw tightened. "First off, don't talk about my girlfriend like that, hyung." His voice had an edge, and I instinctively squeezed his hand, trying to calm him. Jin's eyes flicked to the gesture, and he let out a dismissive sigh, rolling his eyes.

"So... are you two actually together?" His gaze shifted toward me, catching my eyes for a fleeting second before I turned, fixing my stare on Jungkook's shoulder.

Jungkook straightened. "Hyung, our relationship is none of your concern." He stumbled over his words, almost calling me by my nickname, and I saw Jin's eyes sharpen, his curiosity piqued.

"Wait," Jin sat back, a slow smile curling at the corners of his mouth. "You actually care about her, don't you?"

"How I feel," Jungkook's voice was firm, cold even, "is none of your business."

"Wow, this is rich!" Jin's laughter rang out, sharp and mocking, his hands clapping together in pure amusement. Each clap stoked the fire in my chest, my anger rising with every sound. How could he be so smug, so condescending? He was the one who left me. He was the one who broke my heart. It wasn't like I went looking for JK—we found each other.

"And what's that supposed to mean, Jin?" My voice cut through his laughter, now grating on my nerves. I couldn't stand it anymore.

"I'm gone for what, two years, and you run off with my little brother?" His smirk faltered, amusement giving way to something darker, something angrier.