Night Owl Ch. 7

Exhausted, he collapsed onto me, his body's weight pinning me to the mattress, his breaths uneven but satisfied, signaling his contentment with our encounter.

Wordlessly, I wrapped my arms around him, cradling all he had eagerly offered.
Soon, he propped himself up to study my face.

"Are you okay?" His voice was soft, his fingers tender as they brushed my cheek.

"I'm okay," I assured him with a gentle smile.

He responded by dotting my forehead with gentle kisses before easing himself out of me and settling beside me on the bed.

As his breathing steadied, I turned to my side, taking in the sight of him. His form had always captivated me, but in this vulnerable, shared quietude, my admiration deepened.

His question broke the silence. "Did I meet your expectations?" His gaze was earnest.

I couldn't suppress my grin as I nodded affirmatively.

He caressed my cheek, a hint of concern threading his voice. "Was I too rough with you?"

"I can take it," I assured him lightly.

"That's not what I asked you, Lily. Was I too rough with you?" His tone held a firmer edge this time.

"No, you were just right," I replied, my hand capturing his as it rested against my face.

Relief softened his expression, and he leaned in to kiss my forehead, prompting a chuckle from me.

"What's so funny?" he asked, a smile playing on his lips.

"It's just funny that you were honestly worried about hurting me," I responded with a touch of playfulness tinged with arrogance.

"Just because you're a vampire, doesn't mean you don't feel pain, Lily," he said, locking eyes with mine, his voice serious.

His words struck me—no one had ever considered my capacity to feel physical pain, let alone expressed concern about causing it. It left me momentarily speechless, pondering his unique perspective on my nature.

"I like it rough, really rough at times. But I won't enjoy myself if I know the pain isn't pleasurable for you," he began, his voice earnest, searching my face for a reaction.

"So, you'll have to be honest with me if it ever becomes too much, okay?"

"I'll let you know," I promised, flashing a reassuring smile.

"Lily, can I ask you a question?" he shifted to his side, propping himself up on one elbow to face me fully.

"Yeah," I responded, meeting his gaze.

"Why did you agree for me to come over tonight?" His tone was curious, probing for a deeper truth.

"I didn't think it would go as far as it did," I confessed, turning away to stare at the ceiling, avoiding his probing eyes.

"You didn't think I could handle you?" His voice carried a hint of amusement, a smirk audible in his tone.

Glancing over at him, I caught his satisfied grin. He was clearly pleased to have shattered my expectations. Internally, I had to admit I was thrilled he had too. No man had ever dared to engage with me so fervently, so dominantly, and I had never so deeply desired to let go, to submit. All my concerns about overpowering him had evaporated as I surrendered to his assertiveness.

"Honestly, no, I didn't think you could. But I'm glad you proved me wrong," I admitted, smiling away from him to hide just how much his proving me wrong pleased me.