Inverted Deck (Chapter 56)

Chapter 56

*BOOM!!*

A huge, sudden explosion goes off between Ja'Krob and Garm, as the Aether from both of their eyes clash against each other. Rubble and light gray smoke fling out in all directions.

I can't see them but I can hear and see their Aether Signatures clash against each other repeatedly within the veil of smoke in front of me and Jothermus. The sound of their blows colliding sounds something similar to cannonballs colliding with a ship or maybe cars ramming into each other.

*BOOM!*

The veil of smoke is suddenly blown outwards. Jothermus and I both turn our heads for a moment and turn back to find Ja'Krob, with Gold now covering more of his body and face, and Garm launching their arms together to be the source of the smoke's dispersal.

"Way of the Mace:..." Ja'Krob says as he grabs Garm's arm and quickly pushes it down to leave her open for attack.

"...Double-headed Lion!" Ja'Krob says as he sends a rocket fast kick with his left foot, towards Garm's temple while still holding her arm down.

Garm leans back to avoid the kick but then without hesitation, Ja'Krob lifts off of the ground with his right foot and sends a second sequential flying back kick, covered in Golden Aether.

Garm reflexively puts her arm to black but the power of the kick is too great.

"Nice one, Quintessential!!" Garm praises Ja'Krob's move while she flies into and bounces off of the brick wall. Ja'Krob switches his foot placement as soon as he grazes the ground, switching gears and launching himself towards Garm, preparing his Gokden covered fist for launch.

Garm crouches and speedily rolls under Ja'Krob's fist, leaving his fist to crash into and destroy the brick wall.

Ja'Krob pushes himself off of what's left of the wall and leaps into the air and attempts to deliver an aerial attack from above onto Garm. Garm back steps far, letting Ja'Krob punch the ground instead.

"Come on, I've disposed of Giants with far more strength than that!!"

Garm switches her footwork in the same way Ja'Krob just did and launches towards him. Ja'Krob takes a deep inhale and raises his fist upside down, assuming some sort of stance.

"Oh! I know that one!" Garm shouts excitedly, slamming her torn boots into the ground and quickly assuming the sane stance.

"Way of the Hammer: ASTEROID CLUSTER!!" The two shout simultaneously.

I blink and the two are shooting out their fists at each other's so fast it appears as multiple fists and arms are spawning. They're not too fast for me to see that Garm is slamming her fist into Ja'Krob's fist on purpose instead of attacking back.

"She's playing with him." I say to Jothermus.

"No, Ja'Krob's got her on the ropes! I didn't even know he had strength and speed to this caliber! Where did he even come from!? He's always kind of just been there within the fifth district, quiet and in the cut... if I know he was like this, we could've recruited him as a Knight." He replies.

"Your comrades seem to have a lot of faith in you quintessential, along with the rest of your kind..." Garm says.

She promptly back steps just an inch outside of the Ja'Krob's fist's range, before stepping forward. She travels forward and sidesteps so fast, it appears as she leaves afterimages that Ja'Krob's fist go right through.

It reminds me of when I used to use Trickster real heavy, and create Afterimages of myself to try and deceive my opponent. A tactic that over time became not as useful as I had once hoped.