Chapter 11 Alastors POV

(back at the very end of first period)

I watch Stilts leave the room. I feel so bad for him. I wish he would let me know whats wrong. I don't want to intrude on his personal space. Maybe I should ask Mr James what to do.

After Stilts finally left the room I stand up and walk over to Mr James,"May I please talk to you for a second?" I feel worry yet I hope maybe Mr James would help.

"What is bothering you Alastor?" He asks calmly as he pulls out a chair so I can sit down.

As I sit I respond with my voice shaking slightly out of concern for Stilts,"M-My friend, I am worried for him. He is struggling with a few things and I don't know how to help. I don't want to push his boundaries. I-I-I just don't want him to d-do anything stupid." My mind flashes back to my home life back in greece. My father left me and my mom. My mom always struggled with money and my dad after he left took even more of our money. After that I never saw my dad again. Since my mom really wanted me to have a good education but could not spend much money she found a program where people sign up to be a host house for free. That was why I was here. I hope she is okay....

I watch Mr James sit in silence listening to me finally he speaks,"So this friend struggles with stress and other things?... If it is worrying you should tell someone so an adult can help them. Also you should make sure they know you are there for them"

Just the memory of seeing Styves scars cuts on his arm made me feel a slight panic. I did not want him to be in pain. "I-I will figure things out... I have to get going to my next class but thank you so much." I say feeling still quite confused. I need to talk to him and convince him to tell someone... he needs help...

"That is probably a good idea. Let me write you a pass so your not late." He says scribbling on a pice of blue paper. Slowly he stands up and walks up to me handing me the paper. I smile then walk out the door. "Have a good day Alastor" he calls after me.

"Have a good day Mr James" I reply as I break down the halls to math. I hope Styve is okay. I wont be telling Mr James his name but I need Mr James help. I hope mother would be proud of me.

I rush up the stairs and make it at the door right when the bell rings. As I walk into the classroom I bump into someone.. Styve! I immediately recognise his worried face. He has the look on his face like he had seen a ghost. He is obviously worried about our test and I can see how shocked he was to see me. I want to hug him and comfort him, tell him everything would be okay. Instead I forced the words I said too much around him,"Oh Stilts, Are you okay?" My voice sounds worried.. I do not want to make him worry anymore than he already is though.

Is he okay? He looks even worse right now. I want to say so many things. I care for him as much as his sister, maybe even more. I do spend a lot of time with Vy but Styve is different. My mind goes back into memories of earlier today when Vy, him and I were walking to school. Stilts kept looking at us with a slightly jealous look on his face.  He has been being very distant recently. Is he jealous of Vy and I's friendship?

I hear him respond in a voice that was obviously lying,"Yep.. Perfectly fine. I am just going to the restroom." I sigh and walk away slowly wishing I could help. I have an idea of what happens at home for him. I watch as he walks off to the bathroom with fear on his face.

I sit down on my chair and start to take out my pencil for the test. I felt a light wave of worry pass over me but I forced it away. I start to review all the material in my mind but my thoughts were immediatly pushed away from that the minute I saw Styve walk back into the classroom.

He sat down at his chair and I give him an encouraging smile. I don't think he saw my smie he was not facing me. I don't think he even cares. No he does and we have to keep trying to help. He is in obvious pain and I need to be there for him.