Chapter 3

Protagonist’s POV

"Oh, come on, love! How about this one? It’s perfect for a day out with your friends." I held up a cute, casual blouse.

I had a hard time choosing Sana’s casual outfits. She stood there in front of the mirror with arms crossed. She watched me struggle as I pulled out different tops and jeans. She wasn’t helping at all, just playing around with her usual stubbornness.

She glanced at the blouse, then scrunched her nose and waved it off dismissively. "Nope. Too plain, hubby. I’m not going for a grocery run."

I groaned in exasperation. I tossed the blouse aside and rummaged through the closet again. She’d just come back from a long photoshoot session, yet here she was, full of energy to make things difficult for me. "Alright, how about this one?" I held up a simple but stylish dress.

She leaned forward to examine it with a critical eye, before shaking her head again. "Too short. You’re supposed to pick something that shows off my figure. Make sure to keep it classy." 

I raised an eyebrow at her. "So basically, nothing is good enough unless you approve?"

Sana smirked with haughty. She stepped closer to me and placed her hand on my chest. "Exactly, love. You know me too well. I like watching you try." She tiptoed and kissed me on the cheek. 

I chuckled as I wrapped my arms around her waist. "You’re impossible, you know that?"

"I know. That’s why you love me" she said with a playful grin. She pulled away from me. She headed to the mirror to fix her hair. 

I grabbed another outfit—a sleek blouse with a pair of skinny jeans—and held it up with a triumphant smile. "How about this one, love? Stylish, not too flashy. It definitely shows off your figure."

Sana glanced over. She tilted her head as if considering it. Then her lips curled into a pout. "Hmm, it’s close... but no. You’ll have to keep trying, hubby. I’m just too tired to decide" She walked toward the bed and flopped down dramatically. 

I walked over to her. "You’re just being nitpicky and stubborn on purpose, aren’t you?"

She looked up at me with those big, innocent eyes, a mischievous glint in them. "Maybe... I’m your nitpicky fiancée and I want you to pick something perfect for me."

I sat beside her. I leaned down to kiss her forehead. "You always look perfect, love. Even in a potato sack."

She laughed. She sat up to wrap her arms around my neck. "Flattery won’t get you out of this, hubby.”

I pulled her close. "Fine. You’re going to have to help me choose eventually."

She sighed dramatically as she gave in. "Alright, alright. Only because you’re so cute when you’re trying."

With a playful shove, I got back up and grabbed another outfit. I held it up with an exaggerated flourish. "This is the one. No more complaints."

Sana tilted her head. She pretended to think it over before finally nodding. "Alright, hubby. You win... this time. Now help me get ready. I can’t keep my stupid friends waiting." She stood up and gave me a quick kiss. 

I chuckled lightly. I wrapped my arms around her waist as she leaned into me. "Whatever you want, love."

Sana smiled as she led me to help her with the last part of getting dressed. After a few moments of slipping into the dress I’d chosen, she stood there and looked stunning as always. I couldn’t take my eyes off her. Even from behind, as she sat at the vanity putting on her makeup, she had this air of elegance and confidence that drew me in completely.