Chapter 14

Author's POV

The manipulative woman sat on her plush bed. She was admiring Sana's precious man's pictures. She's sliding through each one in a blend of admiration and frustration. Her perfectly manicured fingers swiped over a picture of (Y/N) laughing, then another of him looking thoughtfully into the distance.

"Why can't you see me, (Y/N)? Why are you so focused on her?" she whispered to herself disappointedly.

She paused on a photo where (Y/N) was smiling at the camera. Her eyes narrowed slightly as she traced his features on the screen. "That ice queen doesn't appreciate you like I would. I could give you so much more" she muttered.

She glanced around her room as her mind racing. "Maybe if I create more opportunities for us to be alone. Get him to see me in a different light" she thought aloud.

Her phone buzzed a message. She ignored it, too engrossed in her thoughts. Jennie knew she had to be patient, to play her cards right. She couldn’t rush this. (Y/N) was devoted to Sana. She was sure that the right strategy would allow her to shift his focus.

"Hmm, let's see. If I just send him a casual message... maybe ask for help with something." She scrolled through her contacts until she found (Y/N)'s number.

The manipulative woman started typing, then deleted the message. "No, too obvious. It has to be subtle, something that makes him think of me differently" she decided while chewing on her lip.

She leaned back against her pillows. "Maybe I should create a scenario where Sana looks unreliable. Show him I'm the one who truly cares" she mused.

Her thoughts were interrupted by a notification. The woman glanced at it and sighed. It was a message from a friend, not the one she wanted. She put the phone down and stared at the ceiling as her mind continued to weave her plan.

"It won't be easy. I know I can make him see. It's just a matter of time" she stated resolutely.

She picked up her phone again. Her fingers hovered over (Y/N)’s contact. "I won't give up. I'll start putting my plan into action. And soon, he will see who really deserves his attention" she decided.

The manipulative woman laughed hysterically as she imagined the look on Sana's face when she finally slipped up and (Y/N) belonged to her. The thought was intoxicating and she reveled in it. Her laughter echoed through the room.

Suddenly, the door to her room burst open. The sound of a loud bang filled the air. It startled her and caused her phone to slip from her hand and smack her right in the face. "Ow! What the—?" she yelped. She rubbed her throbbing nose.

"Sister! Are you ready? You promised we'd go do laundry together! I've been waiting forever!" The younger Kim bounced into the room joyfully.

Jennie glared at her to mask her irritation. "Dahyun, you scared the life out of me!" she snapped in frustration. She rubbed her nose again, still sore from the impact.

Dahyun giggled. She was completely unfazed by her step sister's annoyance. "Oh, sorry about that! I just got so excited! Laundry day is my favorite!" she's oblivious to her sister's manipulative thoughts. She did a little dance. She twirled around the room.

The manipulative woman rolled her eyes. She forced a smile to fabricate her hatred towards the younger one. "Of course, my little sister. Just give me a moment to get ready" she said sweetly, though inside she was seething.

The younger one plopped down on the older one's bed. She's bouncing slightly on the mattress. "Sure thing! I'll wait here. Here you go! Sorry about that. Are you okay?" she picked up Jennie's phone, which had fallen to the floor and handed it back to her.