Chapter 16

Author's POV

"Sana, please, I really need the money this time."

The cold woman didn't even bother to look up as her eyes fixed on the screen. "Why should I care? You still owe me from the last time."

She lounged comfortably on the couch, legs crossed alluringly. She calmly reviewed her photoshoot photos on her phone. Her fingers danced over the keyboard as she texted Tzuyu. Her indifferent expression didn't waver as X stood nearby. They're lamenting about needing to borrow money once again. The tranquility was shattered by the presence of X.

X's frustration was palpable. They ran a hand through their hair. "I know, I know. I promise I'll pay you back this time."

The cold woman released a frustrated sigh. She rolled her eyes in vexation. "You've said that every time. Do you think I'm some kind of bank? Just because you can't manage your own finances doesn't mean you can keep coming to me."

X's voice grew more desperate. "I have no one else to turn to. You're the only one who can help me" X begged shamelessly.

"Funny how that works. You were supposed to be my manager, not my leech. You think you can just waltz in here, ask for money and everything will be fine?" Sana finally conveyed her disdainful gaze towards them as she glanced up. She crossed her arms defiantly.

X shifted uncomfortably. "I work hard for you. I manage your schedule, make sure you get the best gigs..."

The cold woman broke in coldly."You used to work hard. Now, you just use me. You've turned into a hypocrite and a parasite. Honma ni yakudatazude, zuuzuushii wa (So useless, so shameless)."

X clenched their fists to hold back their anger. "That's not true! You don't understand the pressure I'm under!"

The cold woman stood up. She fixed her clothes smoothly. She walked deliberately towards X as she maintained her icy gaze to them."Pressure? You think I don't know pressure? I'm the one who's constantly under the spotlight, dealing with the expectations and demands of this industry. I do it without begging for handouts" she emphasized it in each word to make it clear.

X took a step back. They were almost out of words to endure the tension. "I... I just need a little more time."

She shook her head before going back to her business with the tomboyish photographer. "Time's up. Find someone else to be your ATM. I'm done with you."

"Is this really how you want things to end? Without lending me some cash?"

"Yes, that's exactly how I want it to end. Now, if you're done wasting my time, you can leave."

X stared at her angrily. They're clenched their fists. "Fine. You win. I'm done being your manager. I can't stand your attitude any longer."

A genuine smile spread across Sana's face. "Good. Finally, something we agree on. Don't let the door hit you on the way out."

"I hate your attitude, Sana. You treat everyone like they're beneath you" X fought back.

"And I hate you. So I guess we're even. At least I'm not pretending to be something I'm not. You put on this façade of being helpful. You're just a parasite" the cold woman shot back sarcastically.

X's face darkened. "You think you're so perfect, don't you? Your arrogance will be your downfall."

"Arrogance? Chau wa. Sore wa jishin tte iu nen. Anta ni wa wakaran yarokedo (No. It's called confidence. Something you wouldn't understand)" Sana jeered in a mocking laugh.