Chapter 4

Protagonist’s POV

"What were you doing while I was out shopping?"

Sana narrowed her eyes towards me as she twirled a strand of hair between her fingers.

I paused mid-action.The spoonful of ramen I was about to feed her was hovering in the air. My heart pounded and I felt a bead of sweat form on my forehead. "Uh... I was, uh… I was playing PS5 with Dahyun and Jihyo" I stammered to find the right words.

Sana’s expression darkened at the mention of Dahyun. She had never liked her and was always suspicious of her intentions. "Dahyun? Again? I told you I don’t like her. I only trust Jihyo. Dahyun is always trying to flirt with you" she spat sharply.

I knew this was going to escalate quickly. "Love, it's not like that. Dahyun was just keeping me company. We were just playing games."

She rolled her eyes. She's not convinced. "I don’t want to hear her name again. You know how I feel about her."

Trying to calm her down, I reached out to feed her another bite of ramen. Sana slapped the cup out of my hand in a fit of rage. The steaming ramen spilled all over my shirt and I jumped back in surprise. I felt the hot liquid seeping into the fabric.

"Why can’t you ever listen to me?! Mou konnan, shindoi wa (I’m so tired of this)! Don’t bother sleeping with me tonight!" she stood up abruptly. She stormed off to the bedroom and left me alone at the dining table.

I sat there alone. The ramen soaked into my shirt and the sting of her words in my chest. I took a deep breath to compose myself. It was always like this with Sana. She was hard to handle.

I cleaned up the spilled ramen. The silence of the empty room pressed in on me.

After a moment, I went back to our bedroom.The door creaked as I pushed it open. It revealed Sana lying on the bed with a pillow covering her face. Her shoulders trembled slightly and I knew she was still upset. I decided to give her some space and grabbed another shirt from the wardrobe.

Quietly, I headed to the bathroom and closed the door behind me.Taking off my clothes, I noticed a blister forming on my stomach from the spilled ramen. I grabbed the first aid kit from the cabinet and began to treat the blister. I winced in pain as I applied ointment.

My mind drifted back to our argument. Sana's distrust and anger were taking a toll on both of us. I understood her insecurities and possessiveness. It was hard to constantly defend myself against accusations that had no basis in reality.

After treating the scald, I changed into a clean shirt and looked at myself in the mirror. My reflection stared back. It looked as tired as I felt. I took a deep breath and decided to try talking to Sana again. Maybe I could get through to her this time.

I sat down on the edge of the bed. I reached out and shook Sana's shoulder. "Love, I'm sorry. I know you're upset and I understand why you feel this way. You have to trust me. I love you and I would never do anything to hurt you." She didn't respond. Her face was still buried in the pillow.

"Please, just go away. I hate you" she muttered against the pillow.

I ignored her plea. I leaned down and wrapped my arms around her. I didn't mind if she was upset. I was just trying to persuade her."Sana, please, listen to me. I'm sorry, okay? I didn't mean to hurt you" I reached out.

She squirmed in my embrace as she tried to push me away. "Let me go, you idiot! I hate you!" She screamed stubbornly. Her fists pounded against my chest and she even bit down on my shoulder in her frustration. Though it was painful, I refused to let her go.