Chapter 8

Protagonist’s POV

A finger delicately traced my face to wake me from sleep. Peeling my eyes open, I was greeted by the sight of Sana beside me in the morning light. She was propped up on one elbow. Her face inches away from mine. A seductive smile played on her lips.

"Good morning, sleepyhead" she murmured in a soft purr.

"Morning, love. What are you doing up so early?" I replied groggily.

"I couldn't sleep. I wanted to see you." Her fingers continued their exploration of my face.

"Is that so? You know, watching me sleep is a little creepy, right?" I reached up to tuck a strand of her hair behind her ear.

She rolled her eyes when a haughty expression crossed her face. "Oh please, as if you don’t enjoy the attention" she proclaimed teasingly, though there was a possessive glint in her eyes.

"I can't argue with that. What’s on your mind, love?" I pulled her closer.

"Just thinking about how lucky I am. How much I need you" she said but almost vulnerable.

"You have me. Always" I brushed my lips against hers.

She sighed contentedly. Her cold exterior melted away for a brief moment. "Good. Because I won't let you go, even if you tried to run. You’re my hubby."

I chuckled at the sound of low and affectionate. "I’m not going anywhere, Sana. You're stuck with me."

She smirked evilly. Her usual arrogance returned. "Good. You’re exactly where you belong."

We lay there for a while to simply enjoy the closeness. Her fingers traced lazy patterns on my chest and I found myself relaxing more in each passing second.

"Do you have any plans for today?" she broke the comfortable silence.

"Just spending it with you. Anything in particular you want to do?" I stroked her hair while lingering my lips on her forehead.

She pretended to ponder. Her eyes narrowed thoughtfully. "Well, you could make me breakfast. Maybe we can go for a walk later."

"Sounds perfect. Anything else, my queen?" I kissed her forehead.

"Just stay with me. I need you" she whispered uncharacteristically softly.

"I’m not going anywhere, love. I promise" I held her tighter.

Her lips found mine in a tender kiss. We pulled back and she rested her head on my chest. Her fingers intertwined with mine.

"I love you, hubby."

"I love you too, Sana. More than anything."

I was about to remove myself from Sana's embrace to head to the kitchen and make our breakfast. Swiftly, she tightened her hold on me. "Where do you think you’re going?"

Out of blue, she climbed on top of me and kissed me passionately. I returned the kiss. My hands rested on her waist.

"Do you think you can leave me that easily, hubby? You're not going anywhere" she murmured possessively against my lips.

"Just making us breakfast, love" I replied between kisses.

"Just stay with me, hubby. I want you."

She pulled me up into a sitting position without breaking the kiss. Her arms wrapped around my neck to deepen the kiss even more. Her fingers tangled in my hair. We got lost in our intimate moment as if the world outside our bedroom was fading away.