27.

(Santana's POV)

(Three weeks later...)

"Are you excited to be coming home?" I ask Britt as I help her pack her case with her things for me to be able to take her home...finally. "You have no idea! I just want my own bed, sit in my own bath, use my own utensils. I can't fucking wait." she says as we share a chuckle. "Just a shame I gotta have another session with Peters before we can get out of here." she sulks. "Think of it as less of a session but more of a farewell check, just make sure you're 100% equipped and know your coping mechanisms if you get overwhelmed, but I know you won't need them." I smirk. "Oh yeah? Why's that?" she smirks back. "Because you have me." I lean forward and kiss Britt so tenderly it earns a hum of appreciation. "Come on, let's finish packing, see Peters and then get you the hell out of here!" I smile.

---

(Brittany's POV)

"Brittany, can you believe that this is goodbye?" Peters says as Santana and I sit side by side on her couch. "You two look awfully cosy" she adds with a growing smile on her face. "Santana and I are now a thing." I say, possessively placing my hand on Santana's thigh. "Wow, that's amazing! That will certainly help with your recovery outside of here. This is where the hard work starts now, you get that right?" Peters says, suddenly getting a little more serious. "We have got this" Santana smiles as she squeezes my hand tightly that is on her thigh. "But Brittany, before I can sign you off to leave, I need you to recognise and understand that you are the priority." Peters says a little dubiously as she glances at Santana. "She knows. We know." Santana says sharply as she lays a possessive hand on my leg. "Good" she says with a nervous smile. "Now, you have enough medication and things to last you a month, so one week before the end of the course I want you to come back and see me." Peters says.

"Why?" Santana snaps. "Babe" I whisper to her, squeezing her arm to encourage her to tone down her sharpness. "I know Dr Peters, it's all part of my check out." I smile warmly. "She will be fine doc, you haven't got to worry." Santana chimes back in. "Miss Lopez, the first few weeks after leaving rehab and being back out there, in the real world surrounded by temptation 24/7 can be a scary and dangerous place. It is far easier and more common than you think for patients to fall off the wagon. We just want to be safe." Peters explains, "Three weeks time okay Brittany?" Peters affirms as she passes me an appointment card. "Three weeks time." I repeat, taking the card from him and placing it in my pocket. 

"Okay well, I don't think there is much more that needs to be said other than goodbye." Peters stands to her feet and shakes both of our hands and leads us out of her office. I love my sessions with her but my god I am thankful I never have to step foot back in that office twice a week again. 

Santana and I collect my personal belongings from the receptionist and head out to the car. As I leave the facility I take a deep breath in. The fresh air hits different now I know I am free and going back home. "Let me take that for you." Santana slips her hand into the handle of my suitcase and she puts it in the trunk for me. I climb into the front of Santana's car and there is a small teddy on the front seat that is hugging a love heart. "Aww, is this for me?" I say excitedly as I pick up the teddy and hold it to my chest. "Yeah" Santana smiles nervously, blushing a little at her own act. "I love it. Thank you." I say. In no time we are on the road and heading home. 

---

"I will get your bags." Santana says jumping out of the car. "San, you don't have to baby me. I can carry my stuff." I chuckle, meeting her at the trunk of the car. "I know...but I want to." she leans forward and pecks my lips. Every time her lips touch mine I feel a jolt of electricity shoot through me. We climb into the elevator and I press the button to take me to my apartment. I am so excited to be home, be back in my comfortable surroundings. I feel like a kid at Christmas, the anticipation is killing me. The elevator pings open and we walk a few doors down to my apartment. Santana takes my key from her purse and lets us in. We walk in and I find my apartment decorated head to toe with flowers, balloons and streamers all around to welcome me home. "Was this you too?" I ask Santana, cocking my head to the side with an almighty grin. "Maybe" she smirks.