Kingdom 2

Jungkook looked around the flower courtyard. The flower parade was one of the biggest celebrations in the kingdom, but this was the biggest one yet. The people seemed so excited about the King's marriage and kept bringing him flower crowns, which he accepted graciously but didn't wear. Everyone knew he had to wait for Hoseok's own.

He scanned the large field filled with people.
'Looking for him?' Namjoon smiled beside him, and Jungkook nodded, 'is he here?'
'If you find Tae and Jimin, you'll find him'.
Jungkook's eyes suddenly landed on Hoseok. He was sitting in the field with Tae and Jimin, and all three of them were making their crowns.

Namjoon was also looking at them, 'so... what do you think so far?'
'I barely know him Joon'
'That's because you're always working'
'It's what I should be doing'
'You sound like Jin' Namjoon sighed, and Jungkook turned to him, 'you won't understand, we were raised to serve, not love'.
Namjoon scoffed, 'and I was raised to fight and kill, and yet...' he looked over at the boys, smiling when he saw Taehyung laughing, 'yet I can't live without his love'.

Jungkook smiled. He had always wanted what Namjoon had, but he had to put duty first. He couldn't take his eyes off the boys. 'He's...'
'Beautiful' Namjoon completed for him, and he didn't even bother denying it. Hoseok was so incredibly beautiful, even though he knew Namjoon was talking about Taehyung.

Taehyung widened his eyes as Hoseok winced, 'Hobi, be careful, those are roses'
'It's okay'
'No, it's not,' Jimin frowned, 'your hands are covered in cuts'. He took Hoseok's hands to look at them, and Taehyung sighed, 'Well, this is it, this is the day Jungkook finally beheads me'.
Hoseok laughed and turned to him, 'I notice you call him by his name. How close are you guys?'
'Oh... he's my step brother'
'What?'

Hoseok looked at Jimin, who mouthed 'later' to him.
'All done.' Tae smiled and raised his crown for them to see.
'Wow,' Jimin smiled, 'you got better'
'Hobi...' Taehyung frowned, looking at the prince's hand, 'you're hurting yourself.'
'I'm almost done. Can I use your knife?'.

Both Taehyung and Jimin widened their eyes, 'what?'
'I just want to scrape off the thorns'
'You're asking me to give you a weapon, Hobi.' Taehyung sighed. Hoseok laughed as he took the small knife Tae always carried, 'it'll only take a second'.

The boys watched him work until he was done and handed back the knife, 'see?'
'That's beautiful.' Jimin grinned, and Hoseok blushed. Taehyung got up and headed to where Namjoon was standing while Hoseok turned to Jimin, 'what happened?'
'What?'
'How come Tae isn't addressed as a prince'.
Jimin laughed, and Hoseok blinked at him.

'Tae's mother was the King's mistress back then, he never married her or gave her a title, so when she got pregnant, he sent her to live with monks, he wasn't interested in her or the baby'
'Wow'
'Yeah well, when Jungkook found out he had a stepbrother, he sent for him to be brought home and arranged the marriage between him and Namjoon so he could automatically get a title. By tradition, no one can be given a title once they turn 15, except by marriage'.
'That must have been really hard for him, coming here'
'Yeah, everyone was away at war, i was the only person who didn't treat him like an outcast because of who his mother was'.

Hoseok turned to look at Taehyung, who had put his flower crown on Namjoon's head, and Namjoon pulled him into a kiss. He smiled at them before turning back to Jimin, 'who is that for?'
'What?'
'Your flower crown'
'Who would it be for?' Jimin looked away, and Hoseok took his hand, 'you really have to think about this Min, you're already married.'
'I know' Jimin forced a smile and got up, 'I'm done. Are you coming?'
'Yeah, just a minute'.

Jimin nodded and walked away. Hoseok suddenly spotted a small white flower. It was so beautiful and it seemed like the only one around. He pulled it out and began attaching it to his crown, 'ow!' He winced when something pricked his finger. He just sighed and finished before standing up and walking towards Jungkook.