Seven

I slowly pull back from the kiss, my lips still tingling from the contact. I'm flushed, my mind swirling with emotions and thoughts.

"I'm sorry," I say, my voice nearly a whisper. "That was...too soon."

Internally, I'm still processing what just happened. A part of me feels ready, exhilarated even, and another part feels overwhelmed by the rush of emotions and the speed of events. It's a maelstrom of conflicting feelings that leaves me struggling to find my bearings.

Sebastian gives me a small, understanding smile, his disappointment clearly visible in his eyes but his words kind and supportive.

"I understand," he says, his voice quiet. "Don't worry. We don't have to hurry. We can take it as slow as you need."

I nod, grateful for his understanding. The tension in my chest eases slightly, and I feel a sense of relief knowing that he's not pushing me. "I do want this. I just need a little more time to adjust," I say quietly, managing a small smile.

Sebastian reaches out, gently cupping my face in his hand. His touch is tender, comforting.

Sebastian looks at me intently, his eyes searching for my face. Then he hesitates for a moment before asking gently, "Are you ready to meet the Royal Council and my parents now? They're waiting for us in the throne room."

The thought of meeting the Royal Council and his parents sends a flutter of anxiety through me, but I force myself to take a steadying breath. I nod, albeit a bit reluctantly. "I'm as ready as I'll ever be," I say, trying to sound more confident than I feel.

"You'll be fine," he says, his voice soft and encouraging. "Just remember that you've got me with you, alright? I won't let anything bad happen."

His words bring a small sense of comfort and reassurance, and I manage a half-hearted smile.

"Okay," I say, my voice steadier this time. "Let's do this."

With a nod, Sebastian entwines his fingers with mine, his touch firm and steady. We start walking towards the throne room, the sound of our footsteps echoing in the corridor. Despite my nerves, I find myself taking comfort in the feel of his hand holding mine.

We reach the enormous doors leading to the throne room, and my heart thumps loudly in my chest. I cast a sidelong glance at Sebastian, who gives my hand a small squeeze, his expression calm and reassuring. Taking a deep breath, he pushes open the doors, and we step into the opulent chamber.

We step into the throne room, and the sight of the opulent surroundings is momentarily breathtaking. The high, arched ceiling is adorned with intricate detailing, and the room is filled with the scent of exotic spices and flowers. At the end, two thrones stand on raised dais, and on them sit a man and a woman who can only be Sebastian's parents - King Dax and Queen Esmarie.

As we approach the thrones, I notice a tall, muscular man standing to the side. He has a serious expression on his face, and I can feel the air of authority emanating from him. I quickly glance up at Sebastian, my question unspoken, and he responds with a subtle nod.

"That's Killian," he whispers, "the hand of the king."

The king and queen sit on their thrones with regal air, their expressions curious as they look at me. King Dax, Sebastian's father, is tall and lean, with sharp, almond-shaped hazel eyes and chestnut hair. He exudes an air of playfulness, yet I can sense a quiet intelligence behind his gaze.

Meanwhile, Sebastian's mother, Queen Esmarie, is a slender and graceful woman with blue eyes and light brown hair. She has a calm, composed demeanor.

As we reach the bottom of the dais, Sebastian takes a step forward, still holding my hand.