Four

With a yawn, I open my eyes and glance around the new room, which still seemed unfamiliar to me.

I sit up and stretch, wincing slightly as my muscles protest. I don't remember the last time I slept that deeply.

Now, where the hell is Sebastian?

I take a moment to stretch out my limbs, feeling the stiffness in my muscles after sleeping in a strange bed. The palace is quiet, and I'm not sure if Sebastian is awake or not.

With a sigh, I push the covers back and swing my legs over the side of the bed, my feet touching the cold floor. I take a moment to gather myself before standing up.

I shiver slightly as I stand up, missing the warmth of the blankets. I pad across the room on bare feet, my eyes scanning the space for any clues about Sebastian's whereabouts.

I frown, realizing I'll have to leave the room to find him. I take a step towards the door, feeling a twinge of nervousness at the thought of navigating the palace on my own.

I take a deep breath, steeling myself for the search. I grip the brass door handle and push the door open, peeking out into the hallway beyond. The corridor is as grand and ornate as the rest of the palace, all polished stone and gleaming metal.

I step out into the hallway, closing the door behind me with a soft click. I glance around, trying to figure out which way to go.

I stand there for a moment, my eyes darting left and right as I try to decide which way to go. The hallway stretches in both directions, the silence of the palace broken only by the soft sound of my breathing.

I chew on my bottom lip, deliberating on which direction to take. The palace is huge, and I have no idea where Sebastian might be.

I take a tentative step to the left, my footsteps echoing softly in the empty corridor. As I move forward, I pass by countless closed doors, wondering if he could be behind any of them.

The uncertainty begins to settle in my stomach, a feeling of unease growing with every step. How am I supposed to find Sebastian in this maze of a palace?

I suppress the growing feeling of panic and press on, continuing down the hallway. I pass by a few windows, catching glimpses of the palace grounds outside. The sprawling gardens and grand structures beyond the glass only serve to remind me how lost I am.

The silence of the palace feels almost oppressive now, only broken by my own quiet footsteps. I shiver slightly, a sense of vulnerability settling over me. Being alone in this vast place feels daunting.

I continue onward, my eyes scanning the hallway. I pass by a grand staircase leading down to a lower level, and I pause for a moment, considering whether to descend to the next floor.

But something stops me, a feeling that Sebastian is on this same level. I can't explain it, but I have an inkling that he's nearby.

As I stand there, contemplating the stairs, I can't shake the feeling that my gut instinct to stay on this floor is connected to the strange bond I feel with Sebastian. Could it be that the mating bond is guiding me towards him, even though I don't consciously know where he is?

The idea of the mating bond influencing my instincts is confusing and a little scary. But even if that's the case, I can't deny the feeling in my gut, the conviction that Sebastian is somewhere on this floor.

Taking a deep breath to steady my nerves, I push forward, continuing down the hallway in search of him.

As I continue down the hall, that odd feeling of certainty stays with me. It's like a gentle pull or nudge in a specific direction.