Chapter 1-15: We'll Be Fine, Sir!

Soon, Deuce asks, "Hey Briar, where's Trinket anyway?"

"Well,' Briar says.

Soon, Trinket comes out from hiding behind Briar's hair.

Turns out, even Trinket is wearing an outfit as well. She is wearing a light green colored dress with cyan blue laces on the dress' bottom, the waist area and the short sleeves. She's also wearing black slip-on shoes, and wears a gold tiara on her head with a purple flower shaped gemstone.

"Trinket actually wanted to dress up as well after seeing me and Sereia getting dressed. So she flew off and made her outfit," Briar says.

Riddle looks at Trinket, "It's actually a very nice outfit. With her being a craft fairy, making clothes and accessories isn't a problem."

Trinket tinks with a smile and blushes.

"Trinket is thanking you," Briar says.

"Aww, she looks so cute," Sereia says.

"I have to admit, her outfit looks really cute," Epel says.

"And she's able to make it all by herself, quite impressive," Jamil says.

Trinket nods as she blushes, appreciating the complements.

Then Trein says, "All right, as we've already established, you are to split into three groups for your fieldwork. Do you all remember your groups?"

"Yes, Group A," Azul answers.

And Epel and Deuce are in one group.

And Idia says, "Team Star..."

Along with Rook, Ruggie, and Silver.

Then Malleus says, "Group 1."

Along with Sebek, Jamil, and Riddle.

"The inconsistent nomenclature is most distressing," Rollo comments.

They spent a whole meeting arguing about which group should be considered most important, and none of them were willing to compromise," Trein says.

"Ah, I see..." Rollo replies. He then asks, "But what will Briar and the others be doing?"

Trein then says, "Briar and her group are to accompany me. I'm not worried about them, but the others... Hrm..." Then says to the students, "All right, gentlemen, I know we've been through this multiple times, but I'm going over it again. There is not to be any, and I mean ANY trouble in town involving the use of magic."

"There won't be, rest assured," Azul says, "We're the last people who would ever resort to violence—ah, I mean, minor disputes—on a field trip abroad."

"Oh yeah. Mild-mannered, good-hearted, sensible. That's us," Idia says.

"Do we look like the kind of miscreants who would act rudely to strangers?" Malleus questions.

We'll be fine, sir!" The students respond.

But Trein says, "Hmph... Those smiles only increase my anxiety. I know this is one of the most peaceful cities in the Shaftlands... But I still worry about letting young students travel unaccompanied. There's no telling what could happen to them... Or more to the point, what could happen to the townspeople. We'll be making the rounds and meeting up as necessary. Inform me immediately if you have any issues. My cell phone number is listed at the bottom of your itinerary. I expect all of you to add it to your contacts."

"Yeah, sure. I'll do it later," Ruggie says.

But Trein says, "No, you'll do it NOW!"

"You're quite strict, Professor," Rollo says, "I have to meet with the other visiting schools, so I'm afraid I won't be able to keep you company the whole time. But I'll head into town once I've got things sorted out. I'd be happy to guide you where I can."

"That's reassuring," Trein says.

He then says to the boys, "All right, gentlemen. Be careful out there."

"Yes, sir!" The boys answer.