Chapter 1-8: Such Talented Mages

The group walk around the campus and soon find their way to the courtyard.

Azul is talking to Rollo, "Ah, so you're a junior. I imagine it's quite an honor being student council president, considering there can only be one in the whole school. I'm sure your academic performance is also superb and will guarantee you a promising future."

"Noble Bell simply has a smaller student body. I can hardly compare to those of you from the great Night Raven College," Rollo says.

"Please, you needn't be so humble or formal," Azul says, "Why, you're technically my upperclassman! Everyone at my school would be overjoyed to acquaint themselves with such a fine individual."

"Hm... All right, as you wish. I won't stand on ceremony so much," Rollo says.

"He's laying it on thiiick!" Idia says, shocked.

Then talks to Azul, "Uh, hey, excuse me, Azul..."

"What? Can't you see I'm busy?" Azul whispers.

Idia then says, "Dude, why're you cozying up extreme-style? It's making me nervous. I know whenever you're that friendly, it means you're up to no good.'

"Despite his modesty, he occupies a position equal to us housewardens. There's no question he's an exceptional mage," Azul says to Idia, "Hence, it only makes sense to build a rapport with him while we can.... For the sake of future interests!"

"I've been observing Ashengrotto for a while. Is that how one expands their social circle? Perhaps I should take a leaf from his book," Malleus says.

Briar giggles in response.

"The damage is spreading...!" Idia cries out.

Rollo remains silent.

Azul then turns to Rollo, "Ah, but where are my manners? I've gotten ahead of myself.

Apologies for the belated introduction. I'm—"

But Rollo says, "Introductions won't be necessary. I already know who all of you are. You're Azul Ashengrotto, housewarden of Octavinelle and a merman from the Coral Sea."

"My, my. Where did you get that information?" Azul ays, surprised.

Then Rollo turns to Idia, "And you're Idia Shroud, housewarden of Ignihyde and affiliated somehow with the Shroud family."

Idia yelps, "Eep! How... How'd you know?"

Then Rollo turns to Malleus, "And YOU... You are Malleus Draconia, scion of the ruling fae in Briar Valley and one of the top five mages in the world. Correct?"

"Indeed, I am Malleus Draconia," Malleus says.

And Sebek says, "Of course the great Malleus would be known even in such a tiny burg!"

And Rollo covers his mouth with his handkerchief and says, "You are Sebek Zigvolt, and you hail from the same land as Malleus. The one next to you is Silver," And turns to the other students, "And over there chatting with our vice president is Riddle Rosehearts, housewarden of Heartslabyul... Rook Hunt, vice housewarden of Pomefiore, Jamil Viper, vice housewarden of Scarabia... Ruggie Bucchi, Deuce Spade, and Epel Felmier. I thoroughly perused the documents Mr. Crowley so kindly sent, you see."

"It's like privacy's a foreign concept to that man..." Azul responds.

"That could get you sued in this day and age," Idia says.

"You must have a very good memory, to recall so many different names," Silver says.

"It's simply because I was eager to meet such talented mages," Rollo says, then turns his head, "...But who have we here?"