twenty-two | i love you

IF YOU HATE HIM, I'M BLOCKING YOU!!! (no I won't but you get the point)

Song: Cigarette- Shaya Zamora

Trigger warning: blood and 🌶

There was no greater agony than the one I was feeling right now

Are you there?

Watching the man I love so close to me hurt more than I was prepared for. Because I changed him. I caused his eyes to turn cold. I caused the empty stare to form. I caused this. I caused his icy eyes to lock on mine and don't– sparkle.

I hurt him and there was no denying it. There was no turning back. No replays. Nothing more than the now.

His calloused hand had mine in a tight hold, and I felt my butterflies flutter from the small touch.

Even surrounded by dead bodies gore and the aftermath of the violence that occurred there was nothing else but his skin touching mine.

He had changed.

We both had.

A year wasn't a small period of time I kept reminding myself.

I couldn't read his thoughts even though I so desperately wanted to.

I wanted him to shout at me, to scream. To be angry or sad or frustrated. I even hoped for a little happiness to peak through the wall behind his cold façade.

He had shut me out. Yet he was holding my hand with no intention of letting it go.

Are you there?

His silence was killing me more than the silence in my head.

The agony I was feeling was the rawest version of pain.

She wasn't there.

I couldn't lose them both.

There was nothing. Not a whisper, not a sarcastic remark nothing.

My mind was just– quiet.

All my life I wished my mind to just stop for even just a second for me to catch a breath finally, but I didn't want Indigo to disappear too.

I couldn't believe anything at the moment.

Memories played like a record player in my mind. All the kills all the missions. Everything I desperately wanted to never become I was. I had become an assassin of the Rubrum Mortem. I had worked under Flynn's command.

Please just give a sign...

ANYTHING!!!

And the one person who never made me feel like a monster and even convinced my soul it wasn't tainted couldn't even bear to spare me a glance.