Sisters and Brothers of the Womb Act |||: The black death . Act 1 . Astray

Paenitet te mortuus est

"Zero zero zero", I heard distant whispers calling me before fading away. Crackle...crackle crackle..., crackling noises filled the area around me , but I saw darkness, my eyes are closed, I'm still breathing...I think. A warm heat touches the skin of my left side, I'm lying on my back it seems, I opened my eyes and saw a black abyss like sky. "The passing realm..." I said in my currently soft and weak voice. I turned to my left and saw a campfire making crackling noises, and on the other side of the campfire...Elliot was sitting comfortably on a stool staring down into the campfire.

"And here I thought I was lucky enough to have died and found out that there was nothing but oblivion and a campfire after death" I sarcastically said with a chuckle followed by heavy coughing as I turned to stare into the black sky again.
Elliot remained silent staring into the fire.

The only sound that filled the air for a few moments were the crackling sounds coming from the fire.
"What did you do to me?" Elliot then said, shattering the silence in a serious tone.
I turned my head to look at him, and saw him staring at me with glowing yellow eyes.
"Why did you hold back" I asked him.

"Ha, how'd you find out" he said as he closed his eyes and chuckled for a bit.
"I could sense your yen output being restricted , even when you put your spear to my throat , you could have easily grown the size of the spear and crushed me by out matching my yen's output intensity. Further more , you only started using your most favored application of yen when you were already in the dance of the black moon , and you yourself already knew that it was pointless at that point." I said staring at his seemingly pleasantly surprised smiling face. I sat upwards and crossed my legs , facing him.

"Zero zero zero, in the period of only just over a decade you managed to create "the dance of the black moon, something far beyond what even most creatures can do, turning yourself into a place and a thing at the same time, it's the abyss , you're the abyss." He said with a smile while staring at me.

"You're not answering my question" I said to him in a serious tone , as I stared at him.

"and neither are you mine, but I am the adult here, even though by age alone we're both adults . Zero zero zero , I'll be honest I've done it all from commiting mass genocides on scales that were partially the reason why God himself forsook and abandoned our entire multiverse , to being partially the reason why countless children , men and women die for no reason at all today. Needless to say I don't want more unneeded blood on my hands." He said as he stared into the fire with a frown, and what I can only describe as genuine sadness. I was not expecting that, my eyes opened wide. I sat upright facing him.

"I read through the library for what felt like forever back when you trapped me in there with no way out, for all those years. The rain fell, Myosotis flowers bloomed on shelves and floors , I slept on them.
I realised , the coffee shop that would randomly appear gave me food , though they never asked me to pay, which was different given I read that they would always seek remuneration for their services, was actually the only thing that kept me sane." I said .
Elliot remained silent as he stared at me with an emotionless face glowing in the firelight.
" I began training there , one day I released a blast of yen and it blew up a bookshelf , but to my surprise when I opened my eyes...the bookshelf was remaking itself , the books too. The library is not only infinite , but also self-regenerates. I trained for many hours , many many hours. Eventually I learnt about Ikari." I said before looking at the ground.

"What did you do?" Elliot asked me in a serious tone.

"What did you all do, you mean" I corrected him by saying.