CHAPTER 10

everyone gulped and nodded....

MISOO POV;

We all had our breakfast and went back to our rooms..I went into Kai's room in order to ask him some questions regarding the dragons and the king.
I was stunned by his room it was gorgeous and probably one of the best room I've seen so far.

We sat on the bed and started talking..I inquired about the king...and he went into a room and bought a weird looking book..he told me that the history of the king is in this book and told me to read it. I nodded yes and was about to leave and suddenly he caught my hand and pulled me back on to the bed and got on top of me..he smirked and said.."why don't we continue what we were about to do this morning" I chuckled and hit him on his chest playfully and got up and walked off..while closing the door I said.."We'll continue some other time Kai.." and he smiled at me...I left his room.
I took the book and went into Najin's room and gave the book to her and hanseojun to read. They said they will know more about the king and told me to rest..I agreed and was going back to my room as I saw minkyu mieun , minseo and hwiyoung going somewhere..with chanyeol. I asked them where they were going and he replied that "we're going to see the dragons, you wanna come?" I refused and went to my room to sleep. Idk why but I feel really tired and sick..

NAJIN POV ;
I and seojun sat down to read the book and he went to get us some tea.
We opened the book and started reading it..

Once upon a time, in a distant kingdom known as yeongguk.. there ruled a king named lee Hwangjae. He was a cruel king, his heart held a deep longing for power and prestige. Stories of ancient dragons filled his mind, and he believed that possessing a dragon would elevate his kingdom to unparalleled heights.

Desperate to summon a powerful dragon, Hwangjae turned to forbidden arts. He sought out a reclusive sorcerer named suhwa.. who lived deep within the shadowy woods. Whispers surrounded him..claiming he practiced dark magic that could bind the spirits of dragons to mortal will. After a treacherous journey, Hwangjae found him, and he agreed to help—but at a steep price.

Under his guidance, Hwangjae performed a ritual that required a blood sacrifice—a memory of his own. He offered the recollection of his happiest day, the moment he was crowned king, to gain the power to summon a strong dragon. As the spell took hold, a thunderstorm raged above, and from the swirling darkness emerged a magnificent dragon, its scales glistening like obsidian and eyes glowing like embers. He bought oldest dragons of the kingdom and made them evil.

This dragon, named JANGSEONG was not merely a beast but a manifestation of Hwangjae's deepest desires and darkest fears. With jangseong at his side, he felt invincible, conquering neighboring lands and silencing any who dared oppose him. However, as time passed, the bond between them twisted. The magic that brought jangseong to life began to consume Hwangjae feeding on his ambitions and regrets.

Haunted by nightmares and visions of destruction, the king realized that his quest for power had come at a terrible cost. The kingdom he sought to protect was now in peril, as jangseong and the other dragons insatiable hunger for chaos grew stronger. Gathering his courage, Hwangjae descended into a hidden cave, where he hid..as he had no other option.

These dragons were feeding on people and they had to stop it no matter what..so the villagers found out about the king hiding in the cave and they all planned on killing him. They all caught suhwa and threw him in the cave and burnt them alive inside the cave..but suhwa was chanting a spell as they were being burned..what he said was never known by anyone....but I know the meaning of his chant..he said..".   "

"Damn.. that's so shit..why is there no text on the next page ..we need to know what his chant meant" said seojun and I agreed..we were trying to search for more information but the rest of the pages were burnt..so we lost hope. We sighed heavily and fell back on the bed..and stared at the ceiling in silence..as hanseojun spoke.."I'm glad I joined your group" I said "I'm glad too" and we both looked at each other..and maintained eye contact as seojun started to come closer...to me but I sat on the bed and said.."I don't think it's right.." hanseojun asked " what's not right?" "Us..being this close" he replied "why not?" I just replied "I don't know..I am not looking for a fling right now" he chuckled and sat beside me and made me look into his eyes.." Najin-ah it's not just a fling...I LIKE YOU..I ALWAYS DID"