Dante Company

N had been walking for miles. Initially when he left Uzi he thought about sprinting his way back, but that would consume his oil supply. A handful of days had passed now, but he finally reached back to base. The building, according to their briefing file, was a decommissioned incinerator tower. Once feudalist parties took power, anything deemed undesirable, or dangerous to the social fabric were to be incinerated.

N took his black coat from his backpack and knocked on the door.

"What's the password?" a girly voice came from the other side.

"Wolf."

"Wrong!"

"Wolves."

"Wrong!" she teased. N smiled.

"Come on, give me a hint already."

He heard footsteps coming from behind the door. It forced open. Serial Designation J, stood in the doorway, her voluptuous synthetic body was accentuated by the black coat that hugged her slim waist with tails that only went down to her knees. Her snow white hair was tied into two pigtails. She growls at N, as always.

"Where is your armband?" She asks.

"It's in my bag."

"Well? Are you retarded? Put it back on!"

"J, shut up." N responded

J whips her pistol at N's head, the standard issue Calico m950 10mm explosive. Try as she might, she cannot frag those higher ranking unless her logic sensors can prove beyond a reasonable doubt that he is a traitor. She directs her pistol instead towards a bomber drone that is prowling through the halls. The round explodes into his spine, oil spills onto the floor as it squeaks in shock. Bomber drones don't feel pain, only the sudden oddity of a loss in function.

"J! Don't do that!"

"Or what?" She whines back at him, arms on her hips, her finger still on the trigger of the gun, "You're going to tell mommy? Oh wait, you don't have parents!"

"Hey, don't worry N," V taunted playfully, "None of us really do have parents, that would mean we would have to reconcile with the prospects of our own human-"

"Shut up or I'll shoot you too!" J directs the pistol at V.

"Oh! Sue me! It just means you'll have one less bullet! And you'll prove my point that you suck at aiming! Because I know you'll miss!"

"I never miss! You're a big fat liar!" J roared.

"N! Can I shoot your stupid pet?" J spun around. Her other bomber drones were licking away at the bodiless oil stain on the floor.

"Where is he?"

--

N welded the drone back together.

"See? Good as new!"

The bomber drone paid no mind to his sergeant. Only using its hind legs to scratch at the spine viciously. He jumped back on all fours and scampered back to the horde below.

"Just don't bite it!" N sighs. When they first landed, their only command was to "Kill". They instinctively knew how to use their weapons and that if they didn't consume oil they would overheat and die from their nanomachines generating so much heat. His entire body was composed of it, except for his arms, these were spares to replace the ones lost when they lost everything. Serial Designation L was their company's manager. She acted as the symbol to remind them what they were fighting for: to save the homo sapien race. N never understood how genociding an entire planet that the species had no interest in would "save" them, but he followed orders. And those orders kept him alive. L knew so much about the enemy because she first faced them on Zinc12, being modified into a disassembly drone was her promotion.