Poppy Field

As Kurt and his friends continue walking down the yellow brick road the camera pans to inside the castle where the Wicked Witch is looking at Kurt and his friends in her crystal ball. At her side is Nikko the leader of the winged monkeys.

Wicked Witch of the West: Aha! (Cackling) So you won't take warning, eh? All the worse for you, then. I'll take care of you now instead of later! Ah! (Goes to get her potion) When I gain those ruby slippers, my power will be the greatest in Oz! And now my beauties something with poison in it I think. With poison in it. But attractive to the eye and soothing the smell! (Chuckling) Poppies. Poppies! Poppies will put them to sleep. (The camera switches to the poppy field) Sleep. Now they'll sleep.

Just then Kurt and his friends made it through the forest then they finally saw Emerald City.

Kurt: There's Emerald City! Oh, we're almost there! At last! At last! It's beautiful, isn't it? Just like I knew it would be. He really must be a wonderful wizard to live in the city like that.

Cowardly Lion: Well, com on then what are we waiting for?

Scarecrow: Nothing! Let's hurry!

Kurt: Yes, let's run!

They start running in the poppy field.

Scarecrow: Come on! Come on!

Tin Girl: Hurry! Hurry!

Scarecrow: Oh, look! Come on! Come on!

Tin Girl: Look at the scenery. It's wonderful! Emerald City!

Kurt: (Feeling tired) Oh. What's happening? What is it? I can't run anymore. I'm so sleepy.

Scarecrow: Here, give us your hand and we'll pull you along.

Kurt: Oh, no, please. I have to rest for just a minute. Toto. Where's Toto?

Toto is asleep in the field and Kurt lies down in the field.

Scarecrow: Oh, you can't rest now. We're nearly there. (Tin Man begins to cry) Don't cry. You'll rust yourself again!

Cowardly Lion: Coming to think of it, forty winks wouldn't be bad.

Scarecrow: Don't you start it too!

He and Tin Girl hold Lion.

Tin Girl: No! We ought to try and carry Kurt.

Scarecrow: I don't think I could, but we could try.

Tin Man: Let's.

Scarecrow: Yes.

Then Lion collapsed on the field.

Tin Girl: Now look at him. This is terrible!

Scarecrow: Here, Tin Girl, help me. (They desperately tried to help a sleeping Kurt) Oh, this is terrible! I can't budge him an inch. This is the spell, this is!

Tin Girl: (Realizing) It's the Wicked Witch! What'll we do? (Screaming) HELP! HELP!

Scarecrow: It's no use screaming at a time like this. Nobody will hear you! (Shouting) HELP! HELP! HELP!

As Tin Girl continues crying an image of Glinda appears on camera and she waves her wand making the snow fall from the sky.

Scarecrow: It's snowing!

Tin Girl: No, it isn't.

Scarecrow: Yes, it is! Maybe that'll help! Oh, but couldn't help! (Kurt wakes up) (Realizing) It does help! Kurt you're waking up!

Kurt: (Sitting up) Whoa, what happened?

Cowardly Lion: (Waking up and yawning) Unusual weather we're having, ain't it?

Kurt and Scarecrow chuckling

Kurt: (Shocked upon seeing Tin Girl rusted) Look! She's rusted again. Oh, give me the oilcan, quick!

Scarecrow: (Giving him the oilcan) Here. He is rusted.

Kurt: (Oiling Tin Man) Here. Quick! Oh! Oh!

Back at the Wicked Witch's castle, the Wicked Witch looks on as Kurt unrusts Tin Girl.

Wicked Witch of the West: (Furiously) Curses! Curses! Somebody always helps that boy. (Nikko hands her the golden cap) But shoes or no shoes, I'm still great enough to conquer him. And woe to those who try to stop me! (She angrily throws the cap across the room