Meet The Wizard

The guard came out and growled at them.

Wizard's guard:The wizard says go away!

He goes back in the palace.

Kurt and his friends: (Shocked together) Go away?

Scarecrow: (Sadly) Looks like we came a long way for nothing.

Kurt's eyes began to fill with tears.

Cowardly Lion: Kurt? Are you okay?

Kurt: (Crying and sitting down) And I was so happy. I thought I was on my way home.

Tin Girl pulled out Kurt's handkerchief out of his basket.

Tin Girl: (Comforting Kurt) Don't cry Kurt, we're gonna get you to the Wizard.

Scarecrow: (Agreeing with Tin Girl) We certainly are.

The guard looks on regretfully.

Kurt: (Tearfully) My dad was so good to me. And I never appreciated it. Running away and hurting his feelings. Mr Schue said he was sick. He may be dying and It's all my fault. ( The Wizard's guard starts to cry) I'll never forgive myself. Never, never, never.

Scarecrow and Tin Girl continue to comfort Kurt.

Wizard's guard: (Tearfully to Kurt) Please don't cry anymore. I'll get you into the Wizard somehow. Come on. I had a dad myself once.

Continues crying and opens the double doors. Kurt and his friends get up and walk into the entrance.

Cowardly Lion: (Nervously) Wait a minute, fellas. I was just thinking, I really don't want to see the Wizard this much. I better wait for you outside.

Scarecrow: (Concerned) What's the matter?

Tin Girl: Oh, he's just scared again.

Kurt: Don't you know the Wizard is gonna give you some courage?

Cowardly Lion: I'd be too scared to ask him for it.

Kurt: Well, then, we'll ask for him for you.

Cowardly Lion; I'd sooner wait outside.

Kurt: Why? Why?

Cowardly Lion: Because I'm still scared!

Crying then he pulls his own tail and yelped.

Scarecrow: What happened?

Cowardly Lion: Somebody pulled my tail.

Scarecrow: You did it yourself.

Cowardly Lion: I... (Understands) Oh.

Scarecrow: (Takes the Lion's tail out of his paws) Here. Come on.

They hold each other's hands and slowly took one step forward

Wizard of Oz: (Booming voice) Come forward!

The chamber doors open

Cowardly Lion: Tell me when it's over. (Dorothy and her friends walk into the Wizard's chamber as Lion covers his eyes) Look at that. Look at that! (Continues crying) I wanna go home!

The Wizard appears as a green disembodied head above the throne with roaring fires.

Wizard of Oz: I am Oz the great and powerful! (To Kurt) Who are you? Who are you?

Kurt: (Comes forward, Nervously) If you please, I am Kurt Hummel the small and meek. We've come to ask you-

Wizard of Oz: SILENCE!

Kurt: (Scared, running back to his friends) Oh! Oh, wow! Holy crap!

Wizard of Oz: The great and powerful Oz knows why you have come. Step forward Tin Girl! (Tin Girl comes forward) You dare to come to me for a heart, do you? You clinking, clanking, clattering collection of collginous junk!

Tin Girl: (Shivering nervously) Uh, yes-yes sir. Yes, Your Honor. You see a while back, we were walking down the yellow brick road and...

Wizard of Oz: QUIET! (Tin Girl felt terrified and walks back to the group) And you, Scarecrow have the effrontery to ask for a brain you billowing bale of bovine fodder!

Scarecrow: (Nervously) Yes, Your Honor, I mean, Your Excellency. I mean, Your Wizardry!

He bows to him.

Wizard of Oz: ENOUGH! (Scarecrow goes back to the group.) And you, Lion! (Lion steps forward) Well? You want courage! You shivering, feline cowardice beast!

Lion is unable to answer and he faints on the floor as Kurt, Scarecrow, Tin Girl kneel down to help him wake up.

Kurt: (Furiously) What is the matter with you!? You ought to be ashamed of yourself. Frightening him like that when he came to you for help!

Wizard of Oz: Silence, whippersnapper! The beneficent Oz has every intention of granting your requests.

Cowardly Lion: (Surprised while waking up) What's that? What'd he say? Huh? What'd he say?

Kurt and Scarecrow help him up

Wizard of Oz: But first you must prove yourselves worthy by performing a very small task. Bring me the broomstick of the Witch of the West.

Tin Girl: (Stammering nervously) But if we do that, we'll have to kill her to get it!

Wizard of Oz: Bring me her broomstick and I'll grant your requests. (Singing)
Bring me the broomstick of the Witch of the West!
I've spoken so you'll obey!
Bring me the broomstick and I'll grant your request
Now do precisely what I say!
I said go!
Be off and be on your way!
Bring me the broomstick of the Witch of the West
These are your orders...
Now obey! (Spoken) Now go!

Cowardly Lion: But what if she kills us first?

Wizard of Oz: (Furiously) I SAID GO!!!

Lion gets extremely frightened and runs out of the throne room then he jumps out through the glass window. Kurt, Scarecrow, Tin Girl, and Toto ran out to the shattered window and saw Lion was unharmed.

Tin Girl: Lion, are you alright?

Cowardly Lion: Yes, I just had to get out of there!

Kurt: Well, come on. Let's get that broom.