Follow the Yellow Brick Road

Glinda: It's all right. You can get up. She's gone! It's all right. You can all get up. (The Munchkins all get up) Oh! What a smell of sulfer! (To Kurt) I'm afraid you've made rather a bad enemy of the Wicked Witch of the West. The sooner you get of Oz altogether, the safer you'll sleep, my child.

Kurt: Oh, I'd give anything to get of Oz altogether. But which is the way back to Lima? I can't go the way I came.

Glinda: No, that's true. The only person who might know would be the great and wonderful Wizard of Oz himself.

The Munchkins bow.

Kurt: The Wizard of Oz? Is he good or is he wicked?

Glinda: Oh, very good but mysterious. He lives in the Emerald City, and that's a long journey from here. Did you bring your broomstick with you?

Kurt: No, I'm afraid I didn't.

Glinda: Well, then, you'll have to walk. The Munchkins will see you safely to the border of Munchkinland. And remember, never let those ruby slippers off your feet for a moment or you will be at the mercy of the Wicked Witch of the West.

She kissed Kurt on the forehead.

Kurt: But how do I start for Emerald City?

Glinda: It's always best to start at the beginning. And all you do is follow the Yellow Brick Road.

Kurt walks to the yellow brick road and turns to Glinda.

Kurt: But what happens if I...

Glinda: Just follow the Yellow Brick Road.

Then she disappears in her pink bubble

Munchkins: Goodbye!

They all wave to her as the bubble floats away.

Kurt: Oh my gaga! People come and go so quickly here! (The Munchkins nod and giggle) Follow the Yellow Brick Road. (Starts walking on the Yellow Brick Road) Follow the Yellow Brick Road?

Mayor Munchkin: Follow the Yellow Brick Road.

Male Munchkin: Follow the Yellow Brick Road.

Female Munchkin: Follow the Yellow Brick Road.

Barrister Munchkin: Follow the Yellow Brick Road.

All: (singing) Follow the yellow brick road
Follow the yellow brick road
Follow, follow, follow, follow
Follow the yellow brick road
Follow the rainbow over the stream
Follow the fellow who follows a dream
Follow, follow, follow, follow
Follow the yellow brick road (Kurt and Toto begin following the Yellow Brick Road as some of the Munchkins bowed to him)
You're off to see the Wizard
The wonderful Wizard of Oz
You'll find he is a whiz of a wiz if ever a wiz there was
If ever, oh ever a wiz there was, the Wizard of Oz is one because
Because, because, because, because, because
Because of the wonderful things he does
You're off to see the Wizard
The wonderful Wizard of Oz!

The Munchkins all wave goodbye to Kurt and he waves back to them. Then Kurt and Toto begin their journey to the Emerald City.