𝔄 𝔇𝔬𝔯𝔨

Life peculiarly hadn't been the worst ever since Jake had started working under Heeseung- exclusive of his part time jackass behaviour, thoughtless tantrums and occasional barks. It did come with hefty duty load which appeared burdensome to him but again, he had no options to choose between.

He had gotten much better at making the perfect venti size Latte for his boss- earning random praises, here and there. He wouldn't say that the rumours were completely false for claiming that Heeseung was a perennial dork but the extents upto which they reached, he knew that it was clout- probably.

~

Jake rushed through the jam packed corridors of the building, his blonde hair that he had spent an hour setting, flying away in his wake. His tie seemed lopsided and loose with the white shirt crinkled and pants somewhat creased- all this for his alarm had betrayed him.

Well, at least that's what he liked to reason by completely sidelining the fact that he hadn't set an alarm the night before, to begin with. "Shit, shit, shit! He's gonna eat me alive.", the male mumbled, literally jumping into the elevator- almost losing a limb or two in the process. "Sorry! Excuse me-", he juggled through the crowd, trying his best to make it to his boss' office who must've been crudely waiting for him for the past two minutes.

He banished the door before making a frantic appearance right before his superior's well built chest. "Ouch-", he squealed as his head crashed into the rock hard sculpture in front of him.

"Exactly three minutes fifty nine seconds late.", he heard a slight chuckle. "It was fifty five, I swear.", Jake retorted, swiftly backing away with his hand clasped onto the right side of his head. "I was just testing. Seems like you've been keeping a record, Mr. Sim.", Heeseung smirked, his tall figure peering over.

"Sort of.", the other mumbled something incoherent. It would be a lie if Jake said that he did not just felt like shitting his pants right now. Heeseung was infamous for his unfaltering punctuality- something that was foreign to a clumsy Jake. "I'll mind it better, next time.", he almost quivered under the piercing gaze of his authoritative boss.

Keeping up with Heeseung's never ending commands and child like ego had never been perceived as easy by Jake which did help him to cope up a little- only if, his boss tried a little harder to compose his 'all over the place' self pride. "I've been told that we are to attend a meeting at two in the afternoon with Mr. Park. Are we on the same page?", the elder finally moved away, grabbing his authorised seat as the CEO. "We are."

"Awesome. However, I really don't like that guy.", Jake was somewhat startled when he heard the alarming assertion, sitting right beside his boss. "Pardon?", he interrogated, a sense of confusion visible on his beautiful face. "He's a pervert and a hell big of a nut job. Flirted with every damn secretary I had.", an irritating cough arose in Jake's throat, disturbing the awkward stillness inside the office.

"Oh...I'll keep note-", the younger's head reflexively backed away when he felt two fingers brushing his forehead- taming two particularly ill-mannered locks of blonde hair.

"You should. He's my father's long term acquaintance and he believes that I need to maintain the non-existent 'tranquility pact' that they both had signed. Funny.", Heeseung snorted, awkwardly retrieving his stray hand that hung in the midst of the dense air around them.

"Now for my morning coffee...."

"A venti latte with about 0.02 milligrams more than a regular half tablespoon of sugar. Got it!", Jake threw his bag on his desk before zooming out, leaving a laughing Heeseung behind.

"He's sure something...different."

________________________________________

CHAPTER: 6

_____________________

Hi, my honeybuns! Sorry for the late update and the short chapter!

My life has been acting up recently. 😂

And, I'm just curious 'cause I saw one of my writer friends do this but do y'all wanna see me, perhaps? Let me know and I'll drop my picture in the later chapters. 🎀