Chapter 05 • THE DRAGON QUEEN

The Lady of Seven Kingdoms, Queen Gaelle Targaryen, third wife to King Uther Targaryen, is in her mid 30s. Forced into a marriage to survive the wrath of her lord husband, whom she's come to love after years of harbouring hatred for his rebellion against her family.

Stepmother to all his five children, although, she yearns to have her own blood inline of succession of the crown, for only a true born Targaryen deserved the iron throne. No one else.

After several miscarriages, still births and deaths in the cradle, Uther still wants a son from Gaelle, even though he sidelined Arthur and named Aurelius his heir apparent, he desperately wants have a child of targaryen features, even when his veins runs with Valyrian blood.

After so many trails, their last consummation proved to be fruitful, and the Gaelle is currently six moons pregnant, although the realm is tensed, all are hoping the gods will favor the targaryen Queen and bless her womb with a child, at least an offspring to continue the targaryen bloodline.

The small woman is all belly. She lies abed, taking short breaths as she finds even simple movement to be a great labor. With the help of her hand maidens she sat back straight, resting her back and head on the pillow while a handmaid fans her.

"A letter from Pentos has arrived, Your Grace." Jeyn, her handmaiden announces at the doorway.

Instantly her face lit up. "Oh....Bring it here." Gaelle says, gesturing her handmaid with a finger, her tone rang so soft yet regal and the indistinct hagglings and bells could be heard from the city.

Jeyn strides to the Queen's side with a gold platter, rearing the letter itself. Gaelle pale face was instantly flushed with a faint smile as Jeyn approaches her, she takes the letter, waving Jeyn off, and gently breaks the wax to, unroll the parchment.

She began reading message with a smile etched on her lips, her heart was fluttered at the news. The letter however had some bad news and good news. Aemma Arryn had passed away, and Viserys plans on sending Daenerys back to King's Landing on a fortnight to work in her service, disguised.

Then again, a sad expression crept on the Queen's lips, the death of her cousin broke her. "Oh ... Aemma...." She sighs. "May your soul rest in peace." She says breezily in a low tone for her attendants not to hear. No one can be trusted in King landing, everyone is a suspect.

It's been nineteen years since Utter ascended the iron throne and the traumatic experience still haunts her. Witnessing her family being slaughtered and exiled from Westeros is a huge blow, and to her own delight, the realm believes all the targaryens are dead, except for She and House Velaryon with the surviving children of Rheanys Targaryen: Laenor and Laena Velaryon.

Softly, Gaelle groans and tears the letter into little tiny shreds, folds it and drops it inside her teapot which reared on a nearby stool.

Sweaty and flushed; strands of hair cling to the Queen's forehead. The room is busy with attending handmaids.

A Septa lights candles, and a Maester sits at a writing desk making notes. Morgana arrives and stands in the doorway, looking in on her step mother but keeping her distance. Alicent stands beside her in support, as Queen Gaelle was quick to sight her.

"Ah..... Morgana. You said you'd spend three days on DragonStone, not one week!" Gaelle began softy.

Morgana turns to her best friend. But Alicent shrugs and whispered. "I can't help you."

The princess makes a face at Alicent, then looks back to her step mother, crossing the threshold into the chamber, gently she walks in slower yet at a subtle pace with grace and poise as befitting a King's daughter.