Chapter 06: HAND OF THE KING

Bells of the Grand Sept of Baelor are ringing at Kings Landing. In front of the Iron Throne, surrounded by druidical looking celebrants, lies the body of the eighty years Lord of the Eyrie, Warden of the East, Jon Arryn. His death was unexpected and mysterious.

The Silent Sisters rounded his body with incsense, trying to prepare his body for burial. Up in the balcony of the throne room gallery, were the noble court women stood, the golden lioness of Casterly Rock, Cersei Lannister, in her mind thirties, second wife and Queen Consort of the Seven Kingdoms leans against the edge of the railings, watching the scene below.

Contemplating and observing Lord Jon's corpse, she seemed worried and troubled, especially with the old man's death burying the hatchet, she still feel unrest.

The sound of someone's footsteps approaching, breaks her concentration. "Sister." He began.

"Jaime." Cersei sighs, standing upright, smiling at her twin brother, and........lover as he approaches her.

Jamie Lannister, thirty-five years, is known as a skilled warrior and swords man in all of Westeros. He was appointed into the kings guard at age fifteen by the Old King Jaehaerys Targaryen. He gained the infamous name King Slayer for murdering the King in his sleep, therefore breaking his sworn vow and oat.

"I knew I'd find you here." Jaime grins, immediately noticing her gaze had shifted back to the silent sisters.

"Aren't you supposed to be training Joffrey? I assume he's slipping again." Cersei goes on to lean back on the railings again.

"Apparently he's improving, Uther sent for him moments ago." he says breezily, coming to a stop, resting on the pillars. He studied his sister's perplexed features, then began. "As your brother, I feel it’s my duty to warn you: You worry too much. It’s starting to show." He leans against the edge, counseling his twin.

"And you never worry about anything." Cersei sighs. "When we were seven, you jumped off the cliffs as Casterly Rock. One hundred foot drop into the water. And you were never afraid."

"There was nothing to be afraid of until you told father." Jamie said humorously, in a whisper, mimicking in a deep tone. "We’re Lannisters. Lannisters don’t act like fools."

"What if Jon Arryn told someone?" Cersei asked.

"But who would he tell?" Jamie questioned.

"My Lord husband." Cersei answers despondently.

Jamie merely shrugged his shoulders. "If he told the king, both our heads would be skewered on the city gates by now. Whatever Jon Arryn knew or didn’t know, it died with him. And Uther will choose a new Hand of the king, someone to do his job while he’s off killing people with magic, fucking boars and hunting whores. Or is it the other way around? And life will go on."

"You should be the Hand of the king. The barge and office, suits you well." Cersei appraised.

Jamie smirks. "That’s an honor I can do without. Their days are too long, their lives are too short." He says breezily as a handmaiden comes rushing to his sister's side.

"Your Grace, Ser." she cutised.

"What is it Hyacinth?" Cersei's gaze was still lingering on Jon Arryn's corpse.

"Princess Morgana has returned from DragonStone." She informs.

Jamie furrowed his brows. "DragonStone?" He looks to his twin's side. "I thought you forbade her from going to that island."

Pursing her lips, Cersei hissed, looking over at her twin. "I did, but Aurelius keep assuring my stepdaughter that she can claim a dragon, aiding her into disobey me. You may go Hyacinth." She dismisses the handmaid.