Ending Two: Our Angelfish

NOTE FOR MAINLY QUOTEV: Please stop asking for updates. It's incredibly stressful and considered rude by most authors. I understand and honored that you're excited to read my story, but please stop saying "Update?" and things like that. I don't know when the next update will be, probably within a month.

This is based on the stories of a keeper reader with the octotrio by and .

I am no longer doing tags. Tumblr hates me and I'd rather not waste my time when there are so many! You can keep up to date on Twisted Zoo on Tumblr, Quotev, Wattpad, or AO3.

WARNINGS: yandere themes

Note: For Tumblr, the mature version of the endings (the afterendings) will begin sometime after I finish all the normal endings.

Note 2: I think they'll all be short. Sorry. Also I'm not even trying to go in order

When you stepped through the employee's entrance to the aquarium, you could tell something was wrong right away. The water had steam rising from it and the room felt uncomfortably warm, reminding you slightly of the savannah.

Azul surfaced in the middle of the tank, his chin just above the hot sea water, and Floyd and Jade surfaced near the edge.

You walked closer and dropped to your knees at the platform's edge, sticking your fingers into the water. Yes, it was definitely very warm.

"Is there something wrong with the tank?" you wondered aloud.

"No, angelfish, everything is perfect," Azul said smoothly.

Immediately, clawed hands grabbed each of your arms, so tightly you were sure they'd leave marks, and pulled. You fell headfirst into the water and swallowed a lungfull of sea water before you could react properly. The salt stung your eyes and your lungs already ached for air since you hadn't had time to hold your breath.

Your arms were released for a moment and you surfaced, gasping for precious air, then choking as Azul poured something into your gaping mouth. You stared at the octopus and he grinned at you unashamedly.

"What was that? What did you make me drink?" you asked, trying not to panic. Surely it was just something to help you breathe again or something? Right? Azul wouldn't do anything to harm you, would he?

You started to swim back to the platform, but Floyd and Jade grabbed your arms again and dragged you further from the edge. "Let go! Now!" you demanded, but they merely chuckled at your plight.

"Let go of me!" you shouted, hysteria starting to rise. Your legs were starting to feel strange, tingling painfully, and you couldn't move them any longer, held up only by the two eels.

"No, Shrimpy," Floyd replied, giggling.

You looked to Jade for help.

"It's time for you to join the family," Jade replied simply.

You jolted as one of Azul's tentacles wrapped around your legs, squeezing them together tightly, "We've been patient, angelfish, but it's time now. This is where you belong."

"Forever!" Floyd added with a loud giggle.

Pain shot through your legs and your skin began to prickle like a thousand needles had been stuck into them. The agony- it felt like your bones were shifting and reshaping themselves!

"Relax, little researcher," Jade whispered, his warm breath on your ear making you shiver despite the warmth of the water, "It'll be over soon."

"Embrace it," Azul encouraged, "We'll take such good care of you."

"Embrace... what?" you asked amidst the pain. Then you looked down at your legs, to see what was causing you so much agony.

You stopped breathing altogether.

In place of your two legs was a beautiful white tail, much like how you would picture a mermaid's, but with a silvery, translucent fin at the end of the smooth white scales.

Beautiful, yes, but wholly unwanted.

You began to scream. At first, it was a wordless, terrified scream, but it turned to calls of help. "Mr. Crowley! Zookeepers! Anyone! HELP! PLEASE!"

You fell silent, trying to hold your breath, as the eel halflings dragged you under the surface. At last, when you could no longer hold your breath, inhaled underwater. You were even more horrified to realize you could breathe through the water with ease now.

The eels dragged you into a huge sand castle they had built themselves, Azul following. You curled up and began to cry. Who would help you now? Who could help you?

Somewhere above the surface, watching through the cameras, Mr. Crowley smiled.

He couldn't wait to advertise his aquarium's newest and most precious addition: the angelfish halfling that would never leave, as long as Jade, Floyd, and Azul were alive.