Ciarán/ Jacob

Ciarán

"Anything out of the unusual Lorcan?"

"No boss, he went up to his room and did the usual things you usually do in a hotel room."

"Be more specific Lorcan."

"He used the bathroom boss."

I chuckled. "Anything else?"

"He made a call before he packed up his shit. Now I'm tailing him around the city."

"I want to know who he placed that call to."

"On it boss."

"Keep at a reasonable distance so he doesn't notice that you're tailing him."

I could feel his eyes roll. "You know me boss discreet as ever."

"That you are Lorcan, that you are. Keep me updated on his movements."

"Will do boss." He said, before I disconnected the call.

I looked at the sagart paróiste (parish priest) and he sat with his knee over the other and his hands clasped as if praying oh he'll be doing a lot of fucking prating if o dotn get my money back. "Now where were we sagart paróiste (parish priest)? Argh yes. You owe me over sixty thousand euros and I'm sick and tired of hearing you excuses sagart paróiste (parish priest), so I suggest you either pay up or suffer the consequences."

"Like I've already explained to you Mr. Mitchell, my money is tied up in the church right now. I am only able to give you the payments I already have been giving you."

"You know what I smell, sagart paróiste (parish priest)?"

He shakes his head.

"Bullshite."

"It's not rubbish Mr. Mitchell."

"Utter bullshite."

"I swear to you Mr. Mitchell I'll continue paying the agreed payments until I've finished paying what I owe you."

"There is sixty five percent commission on top for every payment missed and a further thirty percent on top of payments made late and five percent on top of any payments you make on time so the revenue on top is one hundred percent do you really want to be paying me until the day you die, sagart paróiste (parish priest)?"

"No Mr. Mitchell."

"Well you have one of two options: either pay me in full or I take your daughter and she will marry my youngest brother."

"I can't afford that all in one payment Mr. Mitchell."

"Then it's option two."

"No you can't have my daughter, she's barely hitting puberty."

I grin this fucker doesn't know exactly who he's dealing with. I know exactly how old his daughter is. She's twelve and way too young to wed until she's eighteen. "Here's the deal sagart paróiste (parish priest), you have exactly five years to pay me back all that you owe me and if you fail your daughter will be marrying my brother with no arguments and no questions asked. Do you understand?"

He signs and nods his head. "Yes I understand."

"Excellent, I'll have the contract drawn up. All it will require is our two signatures and when the time's right we'll let your daughter know. " I pull myself up and grin. "Pleasure doing business with you sagart paróiste (parish priest). I'll see myself out."

He nods and I leave the lounge of the parish and head back to the car. "Back to the Royal Hotel, Dáithí, to pick up Jacob. I think he's had enough time to do a little sightseeing today."