Prologue

Rory

I can't believe it's been six long years since I last saw Jacob. Six years too long. I remember the day my brother Levi told me the news that he'd been found and he was now in Australia with Domenic, Benji and Scarlet, I jumped for joy until he gave me the news I wasn't expecting to wait at least a six months before I saw him again, no way in fucking hell would I wait that long. Not after waiting for six fucking years, hell would freeze over before I waited six months to see the guy I couldn't get out of my fucking head.

A month had passed and we were invited to Arriana's fifth birthday. None of them had been sure it was a good idea we should go but my god daughter had the touch when it came to adults. Jacob had told her he wanted to meet us even if he had just been through hell. He'd made my goddaughter happy and I would make sure I thanked him personally.

What I was not expecting to see was the shell of the man I remember. I know it was one night but I will never forget that night for the rest of my life.

That day I vowed to get the old Jacob back and do whatever it took to make him forget his past and make new memories with me. I knew it would take time but I was willing to wait and help him with every obstacle that was thrown in his way then help him fall in love once again. It was a task I was willing to take for this man, this poor broken man.

I was going to help this man with everything I had to get the guy I met six years ago the happy chatty down to each guy that had charisma and a sex appeal that not only brought my dick to life but my heart. It was the first time in years I had felt it beat like it had for this man. The man I looked at when we entered Scarlet's home for Arrianas birthday was not that man I met all those years ago, he wasn't even half that man.

I was going to make sure to bring him back even if it took forever I would get the man back I had met and pull h8m out of the darkness he was not living in he would no longer be the man that stood in front of me today he would no longer be a shell but a man he should be to would be hard to crack the ice the exterior wall caging him but I would do it if it meant moving here and leaving the UK behind. That's how much I wanted this man.

Jacob

It's been six years of hell since that day. The day I was told I had to go to Ireland and hunt down Ciaran Mitchell the leader of the Irish Mafia to gain his trust and hopefully gain information on Killian Dimitri and the remaining brother and sister to none other than Shaun Thomas, Tiara's now ex-husband who is behind bars for abusing her in the evilest ways possible.

I never thought for one moment I would end up regretting saying yes to a job, until now. I had never met a guy as hot as Rory before he sure knew how to ignite the flame that had died in me the day that Grady had betrayed me, betrayed my trust and everything I stood for. He sent searing electricity through my body. It was something that no matter what their man did, even Grady hasn't got the magic touch that had me releasing so hard I saw stars.

Then came Ciaran Mitchell, the deadliest man to walk the earth. He was cocky and arrogant knowing what he wanted and he wanted me inside out. He made me feel the same way Rory had. What the fuck was wrong with me? Falling for the mafia boss I was supposed to get information from. My superior officer took the piss and nearly had my balls blown off when changing my personal info. But luckily Ciaran had believed the shit I spewed until he didn't.

I don't know what changed but it had overnight five years of torture and every team brought in to save my sorry ass from the psychopath left me with any gruesome torture I had to endure day in and day out after he found out my life was a lie. Our relationship was built upon lies. I had to stay strong for five long organising fucking years until one day I saw something I wasn't supposed to and snapped. I knew I had to get out of there and the dumb Irish prick had left his gun where I could find it so I fucking took it.

I had no idea the FBI had sent reinforcements to get me the hell out of the Mithcell's residence and out of Ireland. To my surprise, Benji De Alvaro and Dominic Luppino were there with their guns blazing with a fully armed team. It took one shot to the head to kill Ciaran Mitchell and we were on a private jet on the way back to Australia with them to see my friend Tiara who had now changed her name to Scarlet Underwood. Dominic offered me a job, but I had to conquer my demons first, but could I?

I never thought I would see Rory again after our night together but there he was in the doorway of Scarlet's home like a fallen angel. He was a damn dream come true but I had too many skeletons to burn to have any chance of a relationship but he was just as persuasive as he was the first time that I had met him.

He was up in my space telling me that he never stopped thinking about me. Truth be told I had never forgotten about him either. Even though I was in Ciaran Mitchell's company and his husband I thought about him daily wishing I was soaking him up, not Ciaran. Rory promised me he would help me battle my demons and help me get back to the real me. But with all the demons attached to me would I ever be who I was before, would I be able to love him like he loved me?