For You

EVANS GABRIEL CHARM

15.7.2014

Losing someone is bad, but losing someone without holding on is worse. I am not that brave of a boy, I'm scared. I'm afraid of losing what I love, someone I cherish. She, who helped me so much, is leaving. And, I never want that to happen.

She's just leaving for a holiday, just for two months, it ain't that bad.

But, two months without her is awful. I can't even stand the weekends, I know we have social medias and all, I know we won't lose contact, I know there's Skype.

But, no. What if she comes back with someone else? Two months is long enough for her to fall for someone there, may it be a vacation love. And, as selfish as I am, I never want that to happen. Forgive me but she's important.

She's what I see as home, my courage and my strength. Losing my home to someone else? I'll flip everything around just to make her mine. Losing courage and strength? You'll see me on the news headline the next day.

"Boy Fell to His Death"

That's what you'll see.

It's 10 p.m. now. Her flight is at 1 a.m. And I'm still here, thinking about what I should do. Should I let her go? Should I say what I need to say? After about half an hour of internally fighting with my thoughts, I had the courage to look for her.

It's okay if things don't turn out the way I want it to be, it's okay if she isn't mine to call in the end, at least I tried.

I quickly messaged her as I walked-ran to her house. I would drive there, honestly but I decided to walk. I would have a fresher mind from the cold air brushing my face.

"Where are you? I'm coming, wait for me,"

Sent.

"Leaving in 5 minutes, what's up?"

5 minutes, was all I saw. 5 minutes, was all I had. 5 minutes, to make her mine. Time was ticking, I knew those 5 minutes were crucial. I started running despite the burning sensation and nervousness.

I knew what I had to do.

I came to a stop when I saw her standing on the pavements, looking right at me.

"Evans? What's the rush?"

I looked into her eyes. They were hazel, they were pretty. I held her hand in mine and pulled her into a hug.

Catching my breath, I whispered into her ear.

"Be mine, please. I know this is sudden, but I don't want you to come back with someone else. I know I'm selfish but please, I don't know what I'll do if you're gone. You remember when you came into class late four years ago? That was when I was captivated. Two months is long, I don't want to lose you to a vacation love. Penny?" I paused.

"Yes?" She looked up into my eyes.

"I love you, this doesn't make any sense, but I'd never thought I'd be here just minutes ago. But, I'm here, for you."

She smiled, and it's definitely the sweetest thing ever.

"And I'll always be here, for you," she placed her palm on my beating heart.