Chapter 4: Back in the game

Mikha's POV

Just exactly when I arrived at the condo, Ashley was ringing.

'Hi Ash!'

'Hi Miks, I left you some messages kaso you weren't answering kaya I just called.'

'Oh, I'm sorry.'

'Are you okay? You don't sound good.'

'I'm okay. Just tired.' Parang I'm not in the mood to talk about it.

'Mommy cooked, sabi niya dalhan daw kita.'

Actually hindi pa nga ko kumakain, I was supposed to take out some food for me and Aiah kaso super excited ko to see her. I planned to have just anything they have at the condo since lagi sila madami stocks.

As long as kasama ko siya, masaya na ako. Kaso it turned out, sa iba na siya masaya.

'Elevator na ko, I'll meet you sa taas,' then I dropped the call.

When I checked my phone Aiah left some messages, actually, Ashley did as well, and hindi ko pala napansin.

I quickly glanced at Aiah's message. It read, "Baby, please keep safe. I love you so much."
Kinilig ako doon ah, namiss ko yun. I was supposed to reply sana kaso I reached the unit already.

"Hi," Ashley greeted me with the food in her hand.

"Hi Ash, pasok ka muna."

So as we entered, we sat together at the dining table.

"Did you eat?" I asked.

"Yeah, tapos na kami. Kain ka lang."

"Oo nga pala medyo late na rin, tell tita thank you ha," and I started eating the food.

Iba talaga ang home cooked meals. Super na-appreciate ko especially kanila Aiah and Jho kasi mahilig sila magluto.

In the midst of our conversation, I find my thoughts drifting away. Si Ash yung kaharap ko pero my mind is with Aiah.

"Miks," she snapped.

"You're not eating," yes, I guess I only had few bites. Hindi ako makakain nang maayos.

"Ash, I-I'm sorry," and from there, I couldn't help it—I just broke down and started crying.

Ash sat beside me and hugged me. "Sige lang, just let it all out."

After some time na Ash let me cry in her arms, she turned to face me.

"Miks," she called then she moved closer in an attempt to kiss me, and in the heat of the moment, I almost caved in.

I stood and walked away but she pulled my hand and grabbed me for a hug.

"Miks, I like you.. No, I think I'm in love with you. If Aiah can't take care of you, then I will."

"I'm sorry, Ash, but we may not be doing well right now, but my heart will always be with Aiah."

She attempted to kiss me again and I suddenly felt the urge to fight, and kiss her back. My lust raged as I shoved her to my room. As I was taking her clothes off; with a satisfied smile and a glint of mischief in her eyes, she uttered, "I know you like me too, Mikha,"

After that... I suddenly woke up.

(A/n: Oh kalma lang kayo, panaginip lang yun, eyyyyy #laro)

I checked at the time, and it's just four in the morning...

"Ang aga pa," I groaned.

By the way, what the heck was that dream about?

Ashley was always a friend to me. I never saw her differently. I mean at first nagandahan talaga ako sa kanya, but loyal tayo kay Aiah. I never imagined I could do that. I will never ever cheat on her, kahit hindi pa kami okay.

So, last night after Aiah's when I got home na knock out ako agad. I felt physically, emotionally and mentally drained, and hindi na ako nakakain ng dinner. Legit, I planned to eat whatever what Aiah had at her place.

I even planned to eat her, charot!

After a few minutes of contemplation, I checked my phone and saw Aiah had left some messages right after I fell asleep last night; I felt my face glow and my heart leaped.

Aiah 10:58 PM: Hello baby ko, I totally understand kung galit ka, I'll give u all the time u need for u to heal and forgive me but promise me, babalik ka sa'kin ha? 😭

Ang cute niya, parang naririnig ko yung boses niya.

Aiah 10:59 PM: dami kong na realize and one of them is ayokong mawala ka 😔

I never wanted to lose you too, Aiah. Kung alam mo lang.

Aiah 11:01 PM: i realized rin na i dont need space, fuck it... i need u bebe koooo. i miss u and i want u in my bed rn, chos

Naughty as always. God, I feel the same, I want her too.

Aiah 11:03 PM: i really mean it when I said na ikaw lang palagi, i'll do everything to prove that to u.

Aiah 11:04 PM: my heart is yours and yours, alone, Mikha Lim

Then at 2 am nag message siya ulit,

Aiah 2:02 AM: sorry po na call kita, i cant sleep, mahal kita Mikha kooo

Kaya pala may missed call nga siya. So, after nun, she sent some photos of us. Habit talaga niya to reminisce our memories especially when she couldn't sleep.

Aiah 2:10 AM: i miss you so much, baby. pic na tayo ganyan uli, last photo natin last month pa 🥲😭

I have to say, I'm getting a clearer picture of Aiah's sentiments. Well, she's just a girl who was used to being showered with lots of care, love and affection by... yours truly.

I honestly got disappointed with her but I was reminded I should be disappointed with myself, first and foremost.

When Aiah said na ako yung may pagkukulang dito, later on I realize, what she said was true.

I just got carried away by the situation kagabi. Kahit sino naman sigurong girl or boy friend when you see her with someone na threatening sa relationship niyo, he or she would also act the same way I did.

On top of those, I realized Aiah never demanded much from me. I felt na she always compromised; she always tried not to pressure me and most of the time, siya lagi yung nag-aadjust.

It's really an eye opener na I should get back in the game, to re-focus and be a better girlfriend to Aiah, and huwag hayaan ang mga umaaligid na asungot.

These situations made me realize I have the best girlfriend and that if I don't value this precious gem, someone really else will.

And fuck, I can't let that happen.