ten

Rosemary laughed quite extensively once she'd gotten all of the paper off of the poorly wrapped box Harry had given her, "You did not get me the same exact shoes that broke my ankle!"

She was grinning and laughing still, it was actually quite a funny thing for him to do. Very original for sure and definitely very sentimental despite the memory of how she had broken her ankle.

Harry smiled brightly and almost smugly and dismissed the idea that those horrible shoes were the only thing he had gotten her, "Oh, but I did! That's not the real present though. The real present I had to grovel and beg for, so I sincerely hope that you like it."

He bent down and sifted through the presents under the tree while Gemma added, "He really did, it was quite entertaining to watch actually."

Harry gave her a look and she only laughed in return, he was the one that brought it up in the first place.

A few seconds later he'd finally found it and handed Rosemary another terribly wrapped present with this huge smile on his face that warmed her heart. He was most definitely her favourite thing to look at, not even her favourite artists could compare to his natural beauty that emanated from his very soul itself.

"If you learned how to properly wrap things, maybe I'd be a little more enthused." Rosemary joked as she picked at the paper. He really was absolutely horrible at wrapping things.

Harry only laughed in response, "I'm trying! It's better than what I did on your birthday present!"

Rosemary laughed lightly, he was definitely correct, "I will certainly give you that, but it still needs work for certain."

Harry moved to stand behind her, his arms going around her waist in moments as he rested his head on her shoulder, "Yeah, yeah. You've got plenty of time to teach me so no worries."

Rosemary leaned into his touch, she loved how he would pull her close like that, a small smile playing at her lips as she finally got around the excess tape and freed the box from its paper.

It was a jewelry box and Rosemary found herself holding her breath as she opened the lid. She didn't know if she should be in complete shock or a fit of happiness, it was hard to discern what exactly it held inside.

Her hand flew over her mouth the moment her eyes landed on the gorgeous golden necklace that lie inside. Something so beautiful had to have been so very special and for him to give something like that to her was absolutely astounding.

Harry didn't really give her time to say anything as he added, "This was my great great grandmother's and you have no idea what they put me through to get it. Do you like it?"

He really hoped that she liked it because it was so very special to his family and he really wanted her to know just how special he was to her even though he knew nice things wouldn't win her heart.

Rosemary turned herself around in his arms so that he could see the look on her face, she must have been very dear to his heart for him to entrust her with such a thing, "I absolutely adore it Harry. Thank you so very much!"

She stood up on her toes and kissed him briefly, it really meant the world to her that he would entrust her with a family heirloom like that. Sure, they'd only been together for almost a year but each of them had no intentions to walk away. And why would they when their relationship held no trouble at all?

He was about to say it then, those four words that he'd been thinking about for months now, I love you Rosie, but he quickly got nervous and worried that she wouldn't say it back and so he only smiled and settled with, "You're more than welcome, Rosie."