thirteen

"Rosie?"

Rosemary hummed and kept her eyes closed as she waited for him to say whatever it was that he was thinking. Everything that he said was now very important because it could have easily been the last things he would say to her.

"Would you take care of Missy for me while I'm away?"

Rosemary laughed softly, that hadn't been what she had been expecting, "Of course I will, what kind of a question was that?"

She would have taken care of Missy regardless to whether or not he had asked her, she adored that cute little furball.

Harry laughed with her, she was certainly right, it was a silly question but he also hadn't finished yet, "Well there was another part to it actually."

Rosemary opened her eyes to give him a questioning look, what more to it could there have been? "Oh?"

The way that she had looked up at him melted his heart and god did he want nothing more than to stay with her in that tiny little bed in his crappy apartment cuddled under the sheets forever.

Harry hesitated momentarily, he still wasn't sure if it was too big of a step for her or not and he didn't want to upset her if it was, that and he was terrified to ask the question even though he had already asked her to marry him without hesitation, "I was wondering if um you'd like to moveinwithme?"

Rosemary laughed at how fast he had forced his words to be and continued to smile at him, she had a pretty good idea of what he said and was overjoyed, "Are you trying to ask me to move in with you? You said that so fast all I caught was move and me."

Harry wore a lopsided smile, he was embarrassed that he had asked like that but it was too late to go back now, "Yeah."

Rosemary scooted up and kissed his nose which was still strikingly warm compared to how cold pretty much everything, including herself, was, "Yes."

He didn't agree with that and pulled her closer to kiss her, nose kisses were very much appreciated every other time but when he only had days left he wanted every kiss he could get. He wanted her kisses to linger for as long as humanly possible, "You can do whatever you want. If you want to sell the old furniture and get new stuff, go for it. Paint? Absolutely! I want you to feel at home okay? Plus, a bigger bed certainly wouldn't hurt anybody."

Rosemary searched the blanket for his hand, hers were cold and somehow they still weren't close enough to one another, "I'll keep that in mind."

                                                                                           . . .

"Look you can actually see Ophiechus!" Harry grinned as he pointed up at the sky littered with billions of tiny specks of light.

Rosemary entwined their fingers and cuddled closer to him, she absolutely adored spending their nights like this but tonight she just wanted to be close to him and revel in his presence for as long as she could, "Can we just watch them tonight? I want to remember you and your story substantially more than the constellations tonight."

Harry smiled softly and pulled her closer so that there was hardly any space between them, he didn't mind changing things for her, hell, they could have stayed in if that's what she had really wanted, "Absolutely."

They had found comfort in silence for a long time, the cold air oddly refreshing to their skin, save Harry who was always a walking space heater, Rosemary's head on his chest and his arms wrapped lovingly and securely around her smaller frame.