Chapter 5 "Echoes Of Yesterday"

🍁

  | Author’s Perspective |

~⁠☆—♪⁠~⁠(⁠´⁠ε⁠`⁠ ⁠) —⁠☆~

“In the silence of our hearts, we often hear the loudest echoes of love and loss”

In the silence of our hearts, we often hear the loudest echoes of love and loss

_______________________________________

~PRESENT TIME~

•13 January 2023•
_______________________

“Y/N? Y/N! COME DOWN—YOUR PHONE IS RINGING FOR THE SECOND TIME, COME FAST!”

A familiar voice echoed from the living room, urgency lacing each word. Y/n hurried out of her room, her footsteps quickening with each loud ring of her phone, the sound growing more insistent. She darted down the stairs, heart racing slightly, and snatched the phone from the table just as it was about to ring out again. Taking a calming breath, she pressed the phone to her ear.

OTP
_______

“Hello? Is this Jeon Y/N?”

“Yes, it's me” 

Y/n answered, her voice steady, though a flutter of nervousness danced in her chest.

“Ms. Jeon, we’re pleased to inform you that you’ve been selected for the interview. Please be present tomorrow. The time and place will be sent to you via email shortly. We look forward to seeing you. Have a good day”

“Thank you so much” 

Y/n responded, her heart now swelling with hope. The call ended, leaving her with a small smile on her face as she turned to the person standing in the living room.

“They called me for the interview”

She announced, unable to hide the hint of pride in her voice.

The person, who had been lounging casually on the couch, smiled back, but their expression carried a mixture of encouragement and something unsaid. 

“That’s great, Y/n! Hopefully, this will be your breakthrough. But... you still haven’t changed your name?”

The question hung in the air for a moment, and Y/n’s smile faltered, turning into something bittersweet. She absentmindedly played with the hem of her sleeve, her eyes casting downward before she finally spoke.

“I thought about it... really, I did. But...” 

Her voice trailed off, a small sigh escaping her lips. 

“I don’t know, it just doesn’t feel right—like I’d be erasing a part of myself”

The person across from her nodded, understanding but still a little concerned.