Chapter 11 "Fists and Fears"

~THE MASK WE WEAR~
————————

🌼

|Jungkook’s Perspective|

~⁠☆—♪⁠~⁠(⁠´⁠ε⁠`⁠ ⁠) —⁠☆~
________________________________________

Her unwavering belief in my worth left me torn between guilt and the desire to be better”

“As I watched her defend me, I felt both lucky and trapped in a love I didn’t know how to deserve”

_________________________________________

As soon as I turned around, a hard punch landed on my face with a force that made my vision blur for a moment. Pain shot through my cheek, and my head snapped to the side. My fingers instinctively reached for the sore spot, the sharp sting of broken skin under my touch. When I pulled my hand back, there it was—blood. A thin crimson streak stained my fingertips, dripping from the cut on my cheekbone.

I lifted my gaze slowly, the pounding in my head intensifying with each passing second, and saw him. Jake stood there, his chest heaving, eyes filled with venomous anger.

“Don't you know I'm your senior?”

I forced out, my voice steady, even as the pain radiated across my face. Straightening my posture, I refused to show weakness, meeting his hostile stare with one of my own.

A smirk curled at the corner of Jake’s mouth as he scoffed, his eyes narrowing with disgust.

“Senior?”

He spat the word like it was an insult, stepping closer, his voice dripping with disdain.

“Such a low life you are. How dare you hurt her?”

His words dug into me, but I held my ground, ignoring the throbbing pain.

“Mind your own freaking business, Jake”

My voice came out colder than I intended, but it was all I could muster in that moment.

“She’s my business”

Jake shot back, his tone sharper now, his fists clenched.

“Yeah, but she doesn’t even care about you a single bit”

I fired, my words laced with bitterness. The truth of it stung him more than I expected. I could see it in the way his jaw clenched, in the anger that flickered in his eyes.

Jake’s face contorted with fury, his teeth gritting hard enough that I could almost hear the grind. His next words were full of venom.

“Just one word from me, one complaint in the principal’s office, and you'll be kicked out of here in no time”